Honda Shadow Forums banner

Led signals all 4 flash

11K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  rogjack6112 
#1 ·
I have recently installed led signals on my phantom. I have replaced the flasher unit. When I signal all 4 flash and my signal light doesn't come on. I'm thinking I need a diode on the signal indicator light because it's not an led. Does this make sense? Any help would be awesome

#2 ·
Yep you need a diode, I'm not sure but I think 1 diode for each side, doesn't matter if its front or rear OR you can install LED bulb in just the front or just the rear and regular bulbs in the other, that's what I did and you won't get the 4 way flash. Flashes fast but I like the fast flash. I have heard folks taking out the indicator bulb to stop the 4 way flash. Do a search here and check out the post on it.

#3 ·
Yeah who needs the indicator anyway. My indicator works and I still let them on till I'm miles down the road. Might have to invest in a timer. But yeah I was just reading that diode thing the other day. Not sure where it was tho. But like Fish said, try a search.

#8 ·
Pre-wired diodes are sold as shown below (do an Internet search for "motorcycle diode kit") .....

These are the steps to solder bare bones diodes to your turn signal indicator light's socket. Pre-wired diode kits simplifies the process quite a lot.

Note: diodes are manufactured with a stiff wire on both ends. The better way to solder the diode's stiff wire to the stranded wire on the stock wiring is to coil the stiff wire around the stranded wire shown here. In the linked pic, a resistor is used but it's the same idea.

#9 ·
Yep, either take out the indicator bulb or replace it with an LED. I have found that the LED option results in the indicator only flashing for one side and not the other.

#10 ·
#11 ·
Added turn signal LED indicators on Windscreen

I just Added turn signal LED indicators for each side on the Windscreen to remind me to turn them off. I just spliced into the wires going to each turn signal on the handlebars on each side and ran the two wires to the LED bulbs on each side. No resistor was needed and the original bulb flashers are unchanged. Just check change polarity if it doesn't flash. Very simple. I love these little LEDs. I can send photo if needed.
If I forget to turn these off then I guess I have truly gone blind! rogjack6112@comcast.net

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.