Honda Shadow Forums banner

Fuel Pump

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Spool 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever changed it on a 94 VT1100, if so, any recommended steps/tricks?

Also, is one made by Caltric any good or this something that I should get OEM only?

I found one on eBay (Item 281976425251) for $50 CDN shipped, any thoughts?

Thanks!

#2 ·
#3 ·
Here is a video of a guy who has a remounted position for a new 1100 pump. BEWARE OF THE LANGUAGE. This guy is crude but can give some experience at least. I would test your old pump first. You can get 12 volts to it and run a hose from the pump back to the gas tank and let it run for 15 min to see if it heats up and quits working. Stress test. Also check the flow approx a pint in 20-30 seconds.

#4 ·
I did the same thing with a Facet fuel pump 3 or 4 years ago. Been working flawlessly ever since. I think I only paid 30 or 40 for the pump and a few bucks for the fittings needed. The big saving however was the pain in the rear I saved by not trying to change out the stock one in the location that it is in.

If you search on here for posts by Sanoke he did the same to his and has a good thread with pics and stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.