Honda Shadow Forums banner

Possible carburetor fuel-outlet(valve)?

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  irishrOy 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys!

Got a probably (hopefully) quick lil' question here:
So my Shadow's been standing for a few weeks now (and guessing by our seasons, in probably 3-4 weeks I'll be able to ride a little bit again), but I had the idea to let out the fuel stored in the carburetor. It might not be necessary, but I thought I'd give it a try.
Is that little thing the outlet-valve, with which you can let out the fuel being stored in the carb?

It seems to have a small opening at the end of the downwards facing tip, so fuel could come out.
The flat screw-top suggests it had been used before because it got scratches, whereas the other screws are fairly untouched looking.

Is my suspicion right, or is that something different?

See less See more
#4 ·
Okydoky, then I was right. Just wanted to have a confirmation before fiddling with any screws. Sadly the German handbook is very short, but I've found a more detailed one on the internet, will get that one, soon.

Might be obvious but you can also attach a hose to those outlets and direct the gas into a container.
Yep, would have done that, of course :D
Hm, maybe I should hold a cig right under that outlet when the fuel's dripping out ^^

#11 ·
Here is an alternative idea to clean the bowl sediment. Leave the petcock open and with a hose on the nipple running into a bottle, open the screw and let it drain for a few more seconds to flush the loose stuff out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.