Honda Shadow Forums banner

what is the backbone dimensions?VT750DC

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  blue flames 
#1 ·
im shopping around for a smaller gastank as i like the slim look on a bike, the RS tanks would be great but they are expensive does anyone know what the dimensions of the square tube backbone are on an 02 VT750DC? id messure it myself but im still making payments on the bike thus its still sittin' at the dealership.

#2 ·
nehpets

I have a 2002 750DC and am wiling to help you, except I don't understand your question.

I can go out to my bike and measure whatever you need. I don't understand what you mean by the word "backbone." And what measures for that do you need?

It's likely that pretty much all the Honda Shadow bikes have same dim in the gas tank area. Did yo ask your local Honda supplier?

Anyway, I'll help IF I can understand what it is you're asking.

#4 ·
thanks but i know what the backbone is lol i need to know what size/dimensions the backbone is. trying to find a smaller tank that will fit. i havent got my bike from the dealer yet so i cant messure it for myself. id like to have a new tank bought and ready to put on the day i bring the shadow home

#5 · (Edited)
There is no substitute for actual measuring of your model, don't go buying on speculation or mix and match chances.
If it is anything like my 750 ACE then there is more to it than just the 2 1/2 inch? or something width of the tube. There are probably square gusset tubes tagged on the side at the headtube, there are brackets for the front ignition coil, the main wire harness runs along side it and then there is the air intake system. All of a sudden you may find you need a tank with a 4" tunnel at least part way or custom tank work and that is a whole different ball game.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.