Honda Shadow Forums banner

Remove & Install new grips

26K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  bweighmaster 
#1 ·
I have an 85 Honda Shadow 700 and I have tried searching online on how to remove the stock grips but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Most grips are glued on to the bar (clutch side) and the throttle-tube (throttle side) .. Usually, you just pop the end caps off take a thin screwdriver and carefully.. ... . Meh..

^^^.. Like that; but I never use the glue to put new grips on. I use a really cheap sticky hairspary instead. Cheaper the better.

Maybe somebody can offer-up something different for your specific model.. but.. "Usually" that's how it's done..

#3 ·
Most grips are glued on to the bar (clutch side) and the throttle-tube (throttle side) .. Usually, you just pop the end caps off take a thin screwdriver and carefully.. ... . Meh..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1Xe9CPp9vA

^^^.. Like that; but I never use the glue to put new grips on. I use a really cheap sticky hairspary instead. Cheaper the better.

Maybe somebody can offer-up something different for your specific model.. but.. "Usually" that's how it's done..
Thx for the info and video Mark ?

#6 ·
I cut the damn things off because I'm replacing them for a good reason, because they're worthless to anyone. If I choose to change out my Kurys again to another bike, Pro Grip sells them for $15 which is cheaper and less hassle to replace a broken throttle tube.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.