Will a 97 Spirit 1100 Tank fit my 2003 Sabre? - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2007, 11:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Will a 97 Spirit 1100 Tank fit my 2003 Sabre?

I'm currently looking at a 97 Honda Shadow Spirit VT1100 to replace my dented one. Anyone know if this tank will fit my 2003 Sabre? Looking at pics of the tank they appear the same, the petcock (fuel selector) valve is in the same location, as is the relief line. I think it will work just want some more input before I buy. I also plan to call the bike shop in the morning to get their opinion.

The tank:

http://www.thesabrehood.org/VBulleti...3&d=1175912446

http://www.thesabrehood.org/VBulleti...4&d=1175912446

http://www.thesabrehood.org/VBulleti...5&d=1175912446
josht is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2007, 10:23 AM   #2 (permalink)

Well there was a thread that came through here awhile back where some one had put a Sabre rear fender on their Spirit, they said it fit perect!. I know you ask about the tank, but if the frame of the two is the same for the fender mounts, then maybe????? its the same for the tank?
If you can get a good enough tank and a good enough price on it and it don't work you should be able to easily resell it and get your money back.
MarkC
MarkC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2007, 11:02 AM   #3 (permalink)

I hear what you are saying and I agree that I could probably resell it for what I paid. The problem with that is time, between buying, waiting for it to arrive and reselling if it doesn't work and trying to find another you are potentially looking at months.

For me that long is just not an option, and I'm not really in a position to buy a couple. I'd be waiting for that one to sell to be able to put the money into another.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:31 AM   #4 (permalink)

Well some one might come forward with a for sure answer for you.
BUT
You could wait for months for the right one for your bike to come up for auction.
2. wait and pay full price for a new one.

3. buy the Spirit VT1100 and take a chance. and it could also end up being months.

4. maybe take some messurements from your mounting points and e-mail the guy selling it and see if they match, (could help you figure out if it is worth gambling over)

Sorry I dont have a better answer for you, hope this might be a diffrent angle of looking at the problem....
and maybe I'm just out of line.....
Old 04-08-2007, 11:02 AM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to AKMorris

If you can wait a bit 3 gas tanks for the sabre just came up on EBAY you should check them out....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-F...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-H...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 04-08-2007, 11:42 AM   #6 (permalink)

I found out that the tank would have worked, but I lost the auction on it.

Thanks for those links. I've got a line on one on another forum that I might be able to get if that guy ever reads his PMs. I've got his phone number but being easter weekend I don't want to disturb him. I think he'll probably take around 200 for it, but I'd rather pay the price to him than wander if I'm going to be out bid at the last second like I was on the other one. That one was sitting at $112 and in the last few seconds it jumped from there up to ~ $180. Wouldn't have minded paying 180 for just happened a lot quicker than I could handle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.