Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum (http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/)
-   Technical Discussion (http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/72-technical-discussion/)
-   -   1100 ace hole saw mod (http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/72-technical-discussion/80562-1100-ace-hole-saw-mod.html)

whozyer 04-02-2009 08:14 PM

1100 ace hole saw mod

Has anyone done the hole saw mod on an 1100 ace? If so are there any carb mods involved? I've seen the pictures and read how to do so but only have seen the 750's done this way. I would like a bit of a rumble without the expense of new pipes. I certainly would not want any of the popping that I have heard on some bikes when backing off the throttle.

scarlett rider 04-03-2009 09:52 AM

more sound from 1100,

these are some posts where they guys are advising me on my spirit, might work on yours
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok i have a stock 1100 spirit. would like it to be bit louder. Problem is the hunny and pocket book isnt up to it right now. what could be some options for me. Looking for some experience from the forum to guide me.

old dad

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:14 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

check this link out
http://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/honda-shadow-f16/

" see steve0's thread on the baffle mod., I'll try and paste it below,,pics didn't come out. but here it is for you

VT1100C Baffle Mod

This modification to the mufflers is simple and effective. If you are considering loud pipes you should try this mod first before laying out $$$ on new pipes. The mod removes the last baffle in each stock pipe creating a deeper, throatier, sound. NOT wake the neighbors loud, Just deeper and a bit louder.

The mod involves taking a 2" drill bit and drilling out the back of the pipe. A 2 1/4" is supposed to work also. The 2" bit did leave a little gap at teh end, but not much. You can grind this down smooth, or just wait for a little soot to cover it up. It's not noticable once covered with soot.

No rejetting of the carb is necessary. Best of all, if you don't like the sound, you can JB weld the baffle back in (I'm told).

Here is the process:

These are the pipes before modification. These are stock pipes.

Here's David drilling out the baffle. The drill bit fits right down into the pipe. Just go slow and keep in the center.

Here is the end of the pipe showing where the drill scores the metal. Notice that the sides of the muffler are unaffected.

Here is a better picture showing how tight the bit fit.

Here is the removed baffle. Save this in case you don't like the sound. You can JB Weld this back in (I'm told).

Here are the pipes after modification.

PM me or Dark Shadow if you have any questions.

Steve-O

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:18 pm Post subject:

The hole saw mod gives you a deeper sound, getting rid of the sewing machine sound of the 1100. this mod is simple and requires no rejetting.

Keep the resonators that you drill out. you might want to put them back in at some point.

2004 1100cc Spirit
Steve-O

scarlett rider

Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:49 am Post subject: more sound

does this process require an adjustment to the air/fuel mix