Replacement Fuel Tank - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2009, 09:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Replacement Fuel Tank

To all you Gear Heads out there-

I recently dropped my 2003 VT750DC shadow spirit and now i need a new fuel tank.

What are my replacement options?

Can I buy a used one off ebay with some chipped paint or something?

Do most of the later year shadows use the same fuel tank (obviously not the VT750c2)? For instance if i got a 2004 shadow aero tank would it be correct for my my shadow spirit?

Now i know the colors wont match but I'm thinking of a cool new paint scheme while i figure this out.

Thanks for the help
Jeff
Whirlybird818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2009, 10:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Watch the model

I replaced the one on my 1100 with an ebay tank. You should ask the seller is it has internal rust. Mine did, other than that it was exactly as described but he never mentioned rust and I didn't think to ask.

Stay in the same product line and you should be ok. You may be able to get a new tank but the one for mine lists at $1100.00
WSL91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to peacefrog2009

Same product line will help but more specifically year and model...Honda has changed their underside dimensions of the fuel tanks almost yearly through the 90's and several times in the 2000's. It can be a frustrating experiance unless you look for exactly the same model and year tank - at least in my experiance with the late 90's shadows - lot's of tanks that looked close but would not fit, or pet **** on wrong side, etc.
peacefrog2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

Default Replacement Spirit 750 DC Fuel Tank

I have a 750 DC stock tank off an 06' no dents, scratches or rust. Looks great..color is black. Has some swirls on paint from waxing which I'm sure would buff out. $300. plus shipping, which is about what they go for on E-Bay...sometimes more sometimes less.Tank lists for $700 and change I think. I priced paint jobs and the prices I got were between $400.00 and $600.00........depending on the painter. If you're looking for a black tank, this might be right up your ally. Good Luck.!!
crfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

How bad is your current tank? No chance for repair / repaint yourself?
Old 05-08-2009, 07:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

Anyone know if a 2005 shadow spirit 750 tank will fit my 2003 honda shadow spirit bike?

I found a pretty one on ebay...

I might be able to repair and repaint my tank but i dont think it will be the most economical way to do it.
Whirlybird818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement