forward foot controls for a 1984 750 Shadow - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2009, 06:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default forward foot controls for a 1984 750 Shadow

Hello,

I am new here and had some questions. I have recently found a 1984 750 Shadow that has been stored since 2004. Even then the bike only has 47000 kms on it. After doing a bunch of stuff to it for the the safety check (tires, fork seals, brakes, etc) I want to start to get it right for me.

This is the bike I searched for and wanted because as a kid I can remember my dad and I riding on his 1984 750 Shadow. I love the bike but being 6'2" tall and 280 lbs, I am a little big for it. I have hiway pegs on her and ride with my feet on them all the time and use my heels to shift and brake.

Does anyone know somewhere to get a set of forward foot controls for this bike?

Has anyone made their own that they could post pictures of so I could see?

I was thinking of putting ape hangers on it and the forward controls to make it more comfortable.

As it stands, I can comfortably ride the bike sitting on the passenger seat.

Thanks
Adam
adman_glazer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2009, 11:43 AM   #2 (permalink)

nothing?
adman_glazer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2009, 12:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

Its not much to go on, but it is a start, check this link.

http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/vie...vt700+forwards

NOPE, SEEMS THE IMAGES ARE GONE.

Let me search my pics folder a bit, I might have a copy of the images. I'll get back to you soon.

Still trying to make mine look neat and sweet.

Beachy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2009, 02:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

I am 290 and 6'0. This bike was the first generation of "Cruisers" from Honda. You ride it like a standard, with your feet under you.

I have looked for forward controls as well, but there are none ready made. You can stick some highway bars on for stretching the legs out on longer rides, but basically you ride the bike like a standard bike with your feet under you,
gelsbern is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2009, 02:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

As far as I know, no commercial forwards are available. Some guys have rigged up their own and they like the change.
http://www.shadowriders.net/forums/s...light=forwards
rocksolid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2009, 08:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

Yah, check out that shadowriders link from rock above. There was a post I believe on that site that had step by step instructions with pix and all for forwards.

DOH!!! should've looked first I guess. That link is the exact one I was thinking about. Sorry.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

That link is great for giving you ideas, but not to rain on anyone's parade. The bike is the next gen shadow (86 onwards) and has subtle differences to the original shadow, such as rod operated brake, lower seat height and other cosmetic changes.
That is not to say it is not helpful, but be aware it is for a different model shadow and there are differences.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:31 PM   #8 (permalink)

DOH!!! again, you're right beachy, didn't notice. I'd been there awhile back and saved it for possible future use. Good catch.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

The earlier Shadows are cable operated. You can attach a cut down brake lever to the brake mechanism and operate it by a brake assembly with a rod from a newer Shadow. I copied these pics previous from the writeup that lost the pics. Credit goes to oldtoys1961 who did this work.

rocksolid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2009, 01:31 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83_Shadow_750
DOH!!! again, you're right beachy, didn't notice. I'd been there awhile back and saved it for possible future use. Good catch.
No worries, it is helpful though as it does show a better gear linkage system.

The images "Rocksolid" put up were the ones I was looking for, that I mentioned earlier. The footrests and pedals are TCBros Choppers, I am pretty sure that they are the universal forward control kit. Here is link.

http://www.tcbroschoppers.com/index.html

I also noticed in the topic http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=72406 on page 4, Duke51 has used a different method. See his images in his reply with photobucket. Good ideas on this topic too

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.