Experience Jetting Keihin Carbs? - Page 2 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2009, 11:16 PM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to bikerpaul

Like I said, call DYNOJET.
Cobra (DynoJet) Stage 1 Jet Kit
bikerpaul is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2009, 11:25 PM   #12 (permalink)

Well I'm dumping the carbs in a few months and really don't feel like dropping over $100 on a jet kit. Rather see if I can't figure this out on my own. But who knows, might end up with a $100 worth of jets by the end of this

I've ordered the jets, guess we'll see how this works out.

Clark Kent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2009, 06:45 PM   #13 (permalink)

Well I have them apart, pretty clean overall, but I made a mistake ordering the pilot jets.

I have the shorter 23.5mm pilots over what I found in there which are 28mm long. Funny thing is the reference chart lists these shorter pilots for the VD carbs.

I also found that someone must of dejetted these carbs, according to the manual they are suppose to have 108 mains and 38 pilots. I found 90 for the mains!!!! and 35's for the pilots. No wonder this thing is running like crap past idling around.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:48 PM   #14 (permalink)

Don't know what carb you'll be using in the future, but here's some better help for ya.

These guy their stuff!!!

I'd still go about 2 sizes bigger on main and "leave" the pilot. Not having the stock pipes (smaller I.D.) and stock mufflers (more restriction) you'll need those bigger main jet sizes. Stock air filter would also help.

I didn't get to see the bike till this message...nice!!!!

Bullzeyet
bullzeyet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2009, 11:48 PM   #15 (permalink)

Carbs in the future, what, who needs carbs anyhow. F.I. for me as soon as I figure out how to utilize the dual magnetos the v4 has.

Yeah, I've browsed their site but they seem to have stop any new comers from joining.

Well, I've technical gone many many sizes up over what these carbs had 90 main to 110 main. However when compared to the manual I've only gone one size up. I'll throw in some new plugs for a wot run and I'll see.

I've thrown the undersized 35 pilots back in (stock is suppose to be 38 ) after soaking and blowing them out. I've also shimmed the needles with two washers.

Hopefully this will be enough to bar hop with this thing for a couple of months. Worse comes to worse, I have two spare motors.

Old 08-24-2009, 05:10 PM   #16 (permalink)

All said and done this is what I ended up with:

15% larger pilot jet (keihin 40)
22% larger main jet (keihin 110)
2 Radio Shack shims under stock needles

Note: someone dejetted this bike for unknown reasons. Stock pilot for this year/size is suppose to be a 38. Stock main is suppose to be a 108. She ran like crap with a pilot of 35 and a main of 90.

And I'm very very happy with this little V4, the damn thing rips for its size. I've also gone down one tooth on the front sprocket. Overall I'm very very happy with the power of this thing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.