Hole saw Mod - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2010, 10:33 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Hole saw Mod

I was needing some advice. Ive seen the hole saw mod done on a shadow 750 before. The after sounds alot better, however Ive heard of some negative side effects as well. Can anyone give me some info on this mod?
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2010, 11:18 AM   #2 (permalink)

The only negative about the holesaw mod is the mufflers may sound hollow to you after doing it. That can be eliminated by blocking the crossover tube between the mufflers with a small round disc. That will eliminate that hollow sound you hear (more of a thumping sound now)Then open the air jets to compensate for the opened mufflers.
If it's too loud for you (not too many claim it is) you can always do the "washer" mod in the end of each mufflers to control the volume.
I only wish I could make a video to show the difference in sound between the crossover mod vs without it, and the washer mod, opened and closed.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

saw some you tube videos i think i am gonna do it only question is will it affect performance?
now i am looking into replacing the rear sprocket........
Old 03-21-2010, 12:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

From hearing the 750s go by on the highway, the sprocket mod would be one of the first things I'd do on that bike. Look on YouTube and you see the difference it makes. I only wish I could do it on my shaft drive 1100.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

Here is a video after i cut off my cross over...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcaf6Taa0eI
Old 03-21-2010, 04:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

Ive also heard the mod is a temporary thing is that true?
Old 03-21-2010, 06:26 PM   #7 (permalink)

No performance increase but it does sound better. No re-jetting if you don't take out the secondary set of baffles.

It's only temporary if you want it to be temporary. It just depends on your tastes.

T.C.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:35 PM   #8 (permalink)

I've been wanting to do something like the holesaw mod, but everything I've seen here is for bikes with 2 separate pipes. I have a 2000 Shadow VT750 ACE with two pipes that merge into one large muffler. Can it still be done on this?
Old 07-19-2010, 11:20 PM   #9 (permalink)

Take a 1 inch sharpened rod about 3 feet long and push it into the holes at the back of the muffler. When you find the it stops beat it in with a hammer. Do it to both holes and you will have an awesome sounding 750. We did it to my buddies wife's ACE. It's still quiet at idle but it sounds sweet going down the road. You will not be dissapointed.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:49 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainterD
The only negative about the holesaw mod is the mufflers may sound hollow to you after doing it. That can be eliminated by blocking the crossover tube between the mufflers with a small round disc. That will eliminate that hollow sound you hear (more of a thumping sound now)Then open the air jets to compensate for the opened mufflers.
If it's too loud for you (not too many claim it is) you can always do the "washer" mod in the end of each mufflers to control the volume.
I only wish I could make a video to show the difference in sound between the crossover mod vs without it, and the washer mod, opened and closed.
So blocking or removing the cross over will get rid of that hollow toned sound and make it sound deeper? I have an 07 C2, how hard is it to remove and access the crossover?
I can't access youtube on the network I am on right now, so I can't watch the videos...

2007 Shadow Spirit C2
jmatteis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.