Clutch problem 1986 Honda Shadow VT1100 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2010, 01:17 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Clutch problem 1986 Honda Shadow VT1100

Hydraulic clutch pressure good. Clutch lever shifts into gear when engaging clutch lever and bike keeps running like in neutral but bike wont move.
beerman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2010, 01:48 AM   #2 (permalink)

How old is the fluid in your clutch? Its the first thing I would look at. I have an 83 magna and had a heck of a time getting the clutch slave bled. I found that even when it had pretty good feel at the lever it was still not moving the slave cylinder. If I had to do it over I would pull the slave cylinder and clamp the piston in place with a c-clamp.

Only thing I can think of.
Disorderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:49 AM   #3 (permalink)

Itís difficult to diagnose the cause without knowing something about the bike. A clutch doesnít usually loose all friction all at once.
Did the problem occur suddenly?

The first thing I would do is put it on the center stand with the engine off.
Shift gears while turning the wheel by hand and listen for anything not normal. The driveshaft could be broken or the splines stripped.
callmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default Re: Clutch problem 1986 Honda Shadow VT1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerman91
Hydraulic clutch pressure good. Clutch lever shifts into gear when engaging clutch lever and bike keeps running like in neutral but bike wont move.
When you say clutch lever shifts into gear, do you mean gear shift lever?
With the bike off shift to the bike into 1st gear, then see if you can push the bike. If you can push the bike you have clutch issues.
jpr1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement