please help with EVAP system - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

please help with EVAP system

Dear Friends,could you please advise me on the removal of the evap system and all connecting hoses.The reason for this is i live in england uk and do not require it by law and after spraying and tidying bike i hope to remove evap.After looking at it i believe if i block off evap inlet into carbs i could remove hoses etc.Any help no matter how small will be gratefully recieved,yours kindly God bless and safe travels to all.ps bike is honda vt1100 1994 model from california USA.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 07:05 PM
Banned

Re: please help with EVAP system

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishjohn
Dear Friends,could you please advise me on the removal of the evap system and all connecting hoses.
Unless you can find a local mechanic that is familiar with THAT model bike AND the removal you want to do........I highly recommend that you NOT mess with it.......if the bike is running good now.

After you remove it, it might NOT run as good.......and then you would have a real mess.

Then again, maybe someone here can give you the information your need.......but **I** would be reluctant to do it without a good reason.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 12:42 AM

I took mine off of my 1992 (everyone that feels the need to preach about leaving it on please save your breath). I don't have everything completely back together yet so I can't comment on if it has affected anything negatively yet. I removed the canister and all hoses. There are two larger vacuum fittings on the bottom of each carb. I just took a piece of hose and hooked one end to each fitting with a ball bearing in the hose to effectively block off each. There's one smaller vacuum line that I left open with a smaller piece of hose. When I get it running I'll play around with blocking it off to see if it has any negative affect. You'll just need to experiment with it. If you search here enough there are people that have done it but not really much detailed info. Here's a thread with some info:

http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41788

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Re: please help with EVAP system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishjohn
Dear Friends,could you please advise me on the removal of the evap system and all connecting hoses.
Unless you can find a local mechanic that is familiar with THAT model bike AND the removal you want to do........I highly recommend that you NOT mess with it.......if the bike is running good now. Thankyou very much for your kind reply and advice,you have made me think twice,Safe travels,irish john.

After you remove it, it might NOT run as good.......and then you would have a real mess.

Then again, maybe someone here can give you the information your need.......but **I** would be reluctant to do it without a good reason.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo2
I took mine off of my 1992 (everyone that feels the need to preach about leaving it on please save your breath). I don't have everything completely back together yet so I can't comment on if it has affected anything negatively yet. I removed the canister and all hoses. There are two larger vacuum fittings on the bottom of each carb. I just took a piece of hose and hooked one end to each fitting with a ball bearing in the hose to effectively block off each. There's one smaller vacuum line that I left open with a smaller piece of hose. When I get it running I'll play around with blocking it off to see if it has any negative affect. You'll just need to experiment with it. If you search here enough there are people that have done it but not really much detailed info. Here's a thread with some info:
Thankyou for quick reply and sound advice,tomorrow will look at taking of cylinder,travel well,irish john.
http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41788
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for help with EVAP

Dear Friends,many thanks for quick reply and advice,will be starting on removal soon and will let you know how it turns out,God bless and safe travels,irish john.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 01:56 AM

Garage

Check this for carb related hoses
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 07:18 AM

Garage
Someone is reading back, that's a 7 year old post.

Sent from my recliner using Tapatalk, while thinking about riding my Shadow.

2006 Shadow Aero 750, "Audrey"

Mods/Ad-ons to date:
NC Switchblade
NC Chrome Deflectors
NC Hand Deflectors
Oxford Grip Heaterz
Power Trip Saddle bags
Willie & Max Handlebar bag
Highway pegs (eBay)
Gremlin Bell (gift from my son)
Mustang Seat!
Crash Bars
Vance and Hines Cruzers
Rear Signal relocation
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 04:10 PM

Garage
I just got my bike and I'm doing the same thing. Do you know of a recent post on this? Also does anyone have a picture of the EVAP diagram on the left side cover for a 92 600 or close years

70+ Rider

Last edited by Lord Nelson; 04-21-2017 at 04:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page