Heal toe shifter - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2010, 02:50 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Heal toe shifter

I have a 90 VT1100c and I am having a problem shifting due to a problem with my ankle. I am not able to pull back on the shifter very well and after I ride for a while I am unable to up shift. I have looked for a Heal-toe shifter but haven't been able to find one. anybody have any ideas?
Thanks.....Big Dave
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2010, 02:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

I don't mean to sound dumb or rude here, but have you tried searching for a "heel" shifter? I'd have assumed a typo in the title, but I notice you typed heal in the body of the post as well, so I'm thinking maybe a simple misspelling might be making your search harder?

FWIW I have aN MC enterprises heel-toe shifter along with floorboards on my 04 1100. Expensive, but nice.

arebelspy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2010, 03:27 AM   #3 (permalink)

Here's what you need, there on the 1100T
http://www.mrcycles.com/fiche_sectio...1998&fveh=4001
Old 10-04-2010, 08:45 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADOW 1100T
Here's what you need, there on the 1100T
It's on the VT1100C2 as well -- probably the exact same part but I didn't check the part numbers. He just needs to be sure that it will fit the splines on the 1990 bike.

Ride bell by Dr. Bob's Patient
adlowe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2010, 09:50 AM   #5 (permalink)

Default Heel toe

Sorry about the spelling, what can I say it was 3am when I logged in. I did google "heel toe shifter" and got 100's of responses but none that would fit my bike although the one from Shadowstuff.com for the 600 VLX looks like I could make it work. I tried the shifter off ofv a VT1100t and it would fit the spline but the front of the shifter was right where my foot peg is. My bike is set up like a 1100 Spirit with the controls mounted forward. I even thought about moving the pegs back so I could use the T's shifter but there is no mount on my frame.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:13 AM   #6 (permalink)

Sounds like your going to have to find a weld shop and have one made, shouldn't be all that hard and you could custom fit it to your needs.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

Default Heel toe

MC Enterprises makes a floorboard and heel toe shifter combo that should fit my bike but I hate to spend that kind of cash without seeing how they look installed. I was wondering if Arebelspy could forward some photos and if anyone else may have them and have an opinion? Thanks alot...
Big Dave
Old 10-05-2010, 11:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

As requested...

These are the MC Enterprises floorboards and heel-toe shifter on my 2004 Spirit VT1100C.

Right floorboard:

Left floorboard with heel-toe shifter:

Left floorboard close-up:

LMK if you wanted pictures of something specific or if that's what you were looking for.

Old 10-06-2010, 03:17 AM   #9 (permalink)

Default Heel toe

The pic's did not come thru for swome reason. It sounds like you have the angles that I need. If you would like you can send them to my e-mail at n4uwt@bellsouth.net, thanks Big Dave
Old 10-06-2010, 11:53 AM   #10 (permalink)

Default Re: Heel toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4uwt
The pic's did not come thru for swome reason. It sounds like you have the angles that I need. If you would like you can send them to my e-mail at n4uwt@bellsouth.net, thanks Big Dave
Try a different web browser than IE (chrome or firefox), sometimes pictures linked here don't work in IE (or work sporadically). Alternatively, if you're accessing at work instead of home, the photosharing site itself may be blocked.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.