First 10 miles - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Fat Kid
Talking First 10 miles

So i've made it That's a huge milestone for me personally, so that's how it was going...

On monday it was so rainy that even dogs prefer to stay at their houses, my cat had a thought that i'm crazy but i went to Cycle Gear shop on 4834 North University Drive, Lauderhill, FL 33351 to spend there 3 hours searching for helmet. My XXL size head is out of most helmets. So i was facing two choices: to buy cheap helmet for $130 or too expensive for $500... So i stopped at cheap one which i bought for $70 (thanks to SALE sign):

BILT Demon Modular Motorcycle Helmet i've got silver.

Also i've got gloves and cover, they were on sale as well.

Rain decided to keep me away from riding, and mechanic was too busy to take off tires, and to make it all battery died...

On tuesday i finally got tires done with the damage of 320 portraits of dead presidents for new tires and 90 portraits for new battery.

Finally wednesday, i've learned that it all ready =) And my mechanic wants some room in a shop =) So i had no other choice other than take bike and drive it to stable. So after 2 hours of harassing everybody around mechanic shop i decided it's time. So i find the path on google maps - put earplug in the ear to hear directions and some music and got my self few blocks from shop when my bike stalled... As i found later there is "reserve" switch which i wasn't aware of... with some help from two wheel brother who was passing me on his Ford (If you read that thank you dude, you make me feel better and that's all what i need) so i get to gas station and fill the tank. So some how after dragging the bike thru few intersections i came home to show my wifey that i can lol, so here we are:

After few minutes at home i came to the stable and covered my beauty till monday... can't wait to see her again...

So first 10 miles... and i'm ready for 100 more.. Next week if weather decided to be good i'll spend time practicing my skills, so if you have time and want to share some knowledge PM me i'll use parking lot near i-95 and Griffin.

PS: For a person who helped me: Thank you! There was nothing you can do , since you have Harley, but your support meant a lot to me.

'04 Aero 750 | '02 VTX1800R
Fat Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

Practicing with clutch made me learn one thing... there is no way to go from a red light in second gear huh..

Old 05-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

Depends on which transmission your bike has. I think its the 4 speed. If so, No, don't even try 2nd from a light. Unless you like replacing clutches. I have an '83 with a 6 speed. I can come off a stop in 2nd with some fancy clutch work, but I'm not a fan of burnt clutches so I generally don't.
Freak_leg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak_leg View Post
Depends on which transmission your bike has. I think its the 4 speed. If so, No, don't even try 2nd from a light. Unless you like replacing clutches. I have an '83 with a 6 speed. I can come off a stop in 2nd with some fancy clutch work, but I'm not a fan of burnt clutches so I generally don't.
Nope, it's 5 speed.

I get stuck because before stop I don't switch gears till the first one. That was dumb...
And I was a bit nervous cuz cager behind me started yelling and etc.

But lesson learned: always make sure you're in first...

Old 05-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #5 (permalink)

First rain riding, first time i get messed up and get confused on which gear i'm making turn...

Riding in the rain is awesome!!! At least here in Florida =)))

Old 05-14-2012, 03:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

Just made few miles from work and some B[censored]h on scion jumped in front of me on a circle... Thankfully i was in in left part of the line...

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Motorcycle.com App

Old 05-14-2012, 05:49 PM   #7 (permalink)

I'm home to get some tea and keep on going! So far 30 miles... Waiting rain to pass by. I absolutely enjoying riding my Shadow. In the evening i'm planing to ride to shopping plaza to practice turns, U turns and working with clutch.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

First 10 miles-uploadfromtaptalk1337046301326.jpg

So, as you can see my first trip coming to it's logical end

First gas refuel. You can definitely say that this is a BS, looking from the top of your thousands mile pile. And all i have to say: That's mine!

Overall i made my

Old 05-14-2012, 09:54 PM   #9 (permalink)

Damn program... Dunno how to edit out here..

So, overall I've made my way from turnpike to I-75 by Griffin rd, then i get lost a bit and somehow found my self on Stirling rd. Then made my way to the stables. I think it's like 20 miles in total.

What i understand is: night ride i like more less cars, less ppl, mostly green light all around.

My Shadow was doing just perfect, but i can't say the same about my butt... So my priorities are changing to seat at first and windshield as second.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

Rainy day... hopefully it would be better tomorrow...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement