Speaking of which Bike week 2011 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2011, 09:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

Garage
Default Speaking of which Bike week 2011

Ride to the Sky | Mt. Washington Auto Road

Two weeks away, so why not plan of NE contingent meet to ride to the sky. We have two dates..Monday of Thursday..

We can designate the Fun Spot ( Rally Headquarters ) as the , well rally point..set up a meet time and ride up as a group... Ok so I threw the idea out there. lets see what anyone else brings to the table.

Last edited by CrazyDave; 06-06-2011 at 09:11 AM.
CrazyDave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2011, 09:08 AM   #2 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Chopped 02 Shadow

Wish i could Dave... i work monday thru friday and can't spare any vacation with my wedding coming up. Be safe out there, and get some good pics.

This is how to add a picture to your signature.
2002 Shadow Spirit 750DC Owners Manual

Mine ~> 2002 Honda Shadow Spirit 750 Bobber
Hers ~> 2008 Honda Shadow Spirit 750

Chopped 02 Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2011, 11:33 AM   #3 (permalink)

My dad recently got back into riding after 25 years off and we had planned on going to see the vintage sidecar races at Loudon on Monday. We may not ride up in the rain, to sit outside in the rain, to ride back in the rain and the forecast is still for showers. The other thing we are possibly interested in is this Mount Washington ride. How appropriate is it for a less confident rider? I'm bringing my girlfriend and she doesn't have much long distance riding experience. Laconia is a couple of hours away and I was also wondering about opinions on riding speed on the highway. I dislike being tailgated and try it stay either with the majority of traffic or even a bit faster. 70 - 75 is fine for me in a 65mph zone. My dad tends to ride a bit slower and I worry when I'm looking in the rear view mirror and it appears like cars are flying up behind him. Going to bike week is on my dad's bucket list and I want to make sure everyone has a good time.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Walker View Post
My dad recently got back into riding after 25 years off and we had planned on going to see the vintage sidecar races at Loudon on Monday. We may not ride up in the rain, to sit outside in the rain, to ride back in the rain and the forecast is still for showers. The other thing we are possibly interested in is this Mount Washington ride. How appropriate is it for a less confident rider? I'm bringing my girlfriend and she doesn't have much long distance riding experience. Laconia is a couple of hours away and I was also wondering about opinions on riding speed on the highway. I dislike being tailgated and try it stay either with the majority of traffic or even a bit faster. 70 - 75 is fine for me in a 65mph zone. My dad tends to ride a bit slower and I worry when I'm looking in the rear view mirror and it appears like cars are flying up behind him. Going to bike week is on my dad's bucket list and I want to make sure everyone has a good time.
I sure can't decide for you, but will let you know what to expect..everything. The auto road has no barriers, much of it is gravel, sections are steep enough that if you pull over on the way up you may have trouble regaining forward motion, the fact that it is a public road means yes there will be jackasses in attendance. Anyone who can keep their composure can handle the road, but many newer riders may feel like they are white knucling it.

CrazyDave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2011, 02:14 PM   #5 (permalink)

Dave, thanks for responding. That is what I had assumed it would be like. Maybe I'll suggest that we simply hit up Weir's Beach this year, since it is about four hours just to get to the mountain. Last year I went up to Laconia in the pouring rain. It cuts down on traffic, but isn't as much fun for newer riders.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.