Anyone get out today? - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2008, 09:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Reverend Biker Send a message via MSN to Reverend Biker
Default Anyone get out today?

For a weekend that looked like it was going to be a total washout, I was able to get a few hours of riding in between the raindrops.

I had to take care of a friends cat while they were gone for the weekend and I stopped in to check on it. A nice 45 mile round trip ride. I got to cruise by the Belchertown fair today, too. Too much traffic to have been fun, tho. More fun opening it up on the ride back, feeling the twisties and a nice, warm 70 deg on my skin.

Gotta savor those last moments... plan on the leaf-peepers clogging things up... the leaves are starting to turn along 202... its only a matter of time now.
Reverend Biker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2008, 12:23 AM   #2 (permalink)

I had hoped to get out this afternoon, but no go. The roads were starting to dry up and we had a few minutes of sunshine, but it soon started pouring again. If the weather doesn't get better soon, I'll have to break out the rain gear.

Where do they have the fair in Belchertown - in the center on that common with the Civil War memorial?
TerryS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2008, 01:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

I was able to get out also, but only to change the oil & filter.

The Belchertown Parade has to be one of the best ones in the areas, highly recommended. It runs along the common, (the fair itself is on the common, as you guessed). However, the parade was cancelled this past weekend for safety reasons.

I came across it one year by accident. We were on a ride and traffic there had come to a halt, so we parked the bike to see why. Enjoyed it so much, have been going every year since.

Speaking of leaves, there are plenty of wet ones on the roads now, so do be careful, 'specially going downhill.
tantasquit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2008, 08:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Reverend Biker Send a message via MSN to Reverend Biker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryS
I had hoped to get out this afternoon, but no go. The roads were starting to dry up and we had a few minutes of sunshine, but it soon started pouring again. If the weather doesn't get better soon, I'll have to break out the rain gear.

Where do they have the fair in Belchertown - in the center on that common with the Civil War memorial?
As tantasquit said, it is on the common. I had friends who ran a booth up there in the past. There is always good food and a lot of charity fundraiser booths and raffles. Rides for the kids... not a bad time at all. And the leaves along Rt 202 are now about 75% but the wider expanses in the hills are just starting to turn. They expect there to be a big change in the next 3 days... Hi's in the low 60s, lows near 35 with frost over the weekend... by next weekend the leaves should be amazing.

And true true true... each morning I leave my street, there is a larger splatter of leaves on the exit rt hand turn. One of these days I will have to go down there with my rake and move it up on the grass so I dont kill myself coming home in the dark.
Reverend Biker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2008, 08:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

Had a very sweet ride today after work. It's been rainy and dismal for far too long. The new bike is breaking in nicely and is starting to develop that nice mellow sound we all like so much. Froze my butt off though and my numb hands are just starting to thaw out. It's hell getting old. Got to get that Gerber jacket liner so I can ride through the winter. Also need something to keep my bald head warm under the helmet.

I'll be headed up to Amherst in a couple of weeks for my granddaughter's first birthday. Unfortunately, it will be in my cage. Hope some of that color is still around. I miss it from my years living in that area. On Cape, the leaves just turn brown and fall off.

Hope you all got some seat time today.
TerryS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.