Crazy looks - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-06-2008, 01:38 AM Thread Starter
Crazy looks

I took the bike to work Saturday evening. I dressed for the cold ride. It was about 45 here in Becket, MA when I left. My wife said I look like a leather staypuff marshmellow man when I left. People gave me looks like I was nuts (I know I am) being out. The only other rider seemed to have trouble waving in the cool weather. The ride home at 7am was even better (35). It least it did not snow even if it sure looked like it would. Getteing better at covering up the cold spots on me. I think like riding in this weather better.

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-06-2008, 09:31 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to Labswine
I've done the cold weather ride...

I lived in Taunton at the time and was working in Waltham (about 45 miles one way).

I remember one chilly February morning when I had to ride in because the cage was acting up. It was 25 degrees when I left home (with the promise of upper 50's in the PM) and was kinda cloudy. I hit Walpole, and it was snowing, stopped by the time I hit Rt. 128/95 in Dedham. Yeah, I got lotsa funny looks too...

I was kinda chilly when I got to work. I had on thick(er) black jeans, a sweater, my leather jacket, a half helmet with the storm flaps zipped in, and heavy gloves (with my running gloves on as inserts). The only thing that really didn't work well when I got to work was my knees...they were cold and stiff and I nearly dropped my bike backing it into a spot.

It was still awesome!!!!

2000 1100 ACE Tour. Jardine turn down slip-on's, Cobra floor boards, cargo rack/back rest, Memphis Shades Windshield.

1998 Honda Shadow 750ACE Dlx with a few extras...Gone but not forgotten
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page