Stretched out, Maine's coast is 2500 miles long. That being said, there are some fantastic ride especially in September up here. Chilly in AM, 70s during the day and bring your rain gear because you never know.
- Stay off Rt 1 where you can.
- Wells - Kennebunk-Arudel with stop @ Bentleys
- OOB-Scarborough-Cape ELizabeth is very pretty
- Brunswich to Popham, 5 Islands, Reid State Park, Baily Island, Harpswell, Lands End.
- Bucksport area down through Castine, Blue Hill, Deer Isle, Stonington.
- (of course) - Bar Harbor. Less crowded in September.
- Rides up/down Rt 17 from Augusta are very nice
- North of Ellsworth to Machias - Rt1 is fine, less crowded.
- Camden /Rockport is pretty but traffic sucks.
Watch for moose and everything else on four legs.