Exhaust noise level?
Can anybody give me an idea of the decible level of a '94 Shadow VT600 with Cobra drag pipes with no other modification? I have no way to measure it.
The reason I ask is that Myrtle Beach SC has implimented new restrictions
d. It shall be unlawful and a public nuisance to operate within the city limits any type of motor vehicle that has exceeds a measured noise level of more than 89 on the decibel meter when measured 20 inches from the exhaust pipe at a 45 degree angle while the engine is operating at idle; or
e. It shall be unlawful and a public nuisance, to operate any motor vehicle of any size and regardless of the year of manufacture:
1. That is not equipped with an adequate muffler in constant operation, free of defects and modifications, and that prevents the escape of any 54
excessive or unusual noise, or
2. That has a muffler system that is equipped with a straight pipe exhaust
system (regardless of the presence of baffles), or
3. That has a hollow core muffler, or
4. That has a muffler that is labeled for off road closed course competition
5. That has a muffler system that has a cut out, bypass, or similar device
designed or so installed so that it can be used continually or intermittently
to bypass or otherwise reduce or eliminate the effectiveness of a muffler or muffler system, or
6. That has a muffler system that has been modified in a manner which will amplify or increase the noise emitted by the exhaust.