Well, got my MACs installed and the sound has been mellowing quite well. Recently I have noticed a discoloration of the pipes around the down-bend at the exhaust port. I'm assuming this is due to a lean condition, and re-jetting is in order. So I have a few questions:
1. The service manual states that the stock main jet is a #120. What would be the recommended step up in jet size? #130? #140?
2. Is the float bowl the only thing I will need to remove? (I'm guessing not as usually larger jet = new needle)
3. May I assume that I will need a carb gasket set? Or is it okay to reuse the old ones if I'm careful not to damage them?
4. Are there any specific tools I should have on hand other than the standard (ok, Metric) sockets and wenches n stuff?
5. How much would the VT700 procedures differ from that of the 1100 in the "Jetology" sticky?
6. How should I expect the larger jet to affect performance or fuel consumption?
I may have more questions later in the process but I want to have the tools and parts in order before I turn a nut.
Thanks in Advance