New rider somewhat... - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2012, 11:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default New rider somewhat...

Hello ladys and guys. my name is Jay.
I have been riding for awhile now, but I've only road a honda cbr 929rr.. I had the bike since 2001 I loved it. And it was far from stock, and last year I was out with my daught one weekend and someone stoll my bike. So I haven't been on a bike for awhile now .
My dad gave me his 1983 honda shadow vt750. So I am redoing it and all.. Right now I am rebuilding the carbs on it and I have a ? for it... I tuke the choke springs out and all but the little needle for the choke won't come out and I don't know why.. Any help would be great and if someone has a pic of what the needle for the choke looks like would be great...

cycle kid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

Did I say something wrong
Old 11-12-2012, 12:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

Garage

Welcome to the forum!.......bump

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

When I grow up......ahh hell I ain't plannin to do that!
Sgoatley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 06:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

Welcome to HSN.

Shadow going to be a little differernt from 929RR.

I, myself , cant help with carb.
ALthough I would recoemend finding a factory manaul, or maybe a Clymers. Actaully I think I benifit from having both.parts that were stcu

On my Suzuki, I had some carb parts that were stuck and not comming loose. Tried some penitarating oil, that was no help. Then tried some Seafoam DeepCreep, let it sit for a few minutes and they came out like there never was a problem.
(but that stuff aint cheap.)

If there is any reason for lack of responce here, its not anything you said,... well other than "1983". Most guys on here have more recent bike.
And this is the "Introduction" section and you are asking a tgechnical question.

Get more responce to technical question in technical section and have model stated in title.

http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=84090
Have had Suzuki GSs for 20+ years

Last edited by Redman52; 11-12-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Redman52 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2013, 09:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

I know it's been awhile since I have gotten back to you guys.. Thanks.. I know I posted it in the wrong place but it said I couldn't post anything until I did this part.. And it still woN't let me. Says i'm not aloud to... But I want to thank you guys..
Old 03-10-2013, 10:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Administrator

As indicated in the private message all new members receive you need to post 3 threads in the new members section first before full forum access is granted.

Rider #5 in Woody's Memorial Ride
Spiritman is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2013, 10:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via MSN to SuperboyX

Welcome to the Forum Jay. 2 More threads and your in.

***HondaShadow.Net Patch Order Info***

SuperboyX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.