Frame question. - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2012, 09:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Frame question.

Hey guys (and gals).

I just bought a 1985 Honda Shadow 700 (american model), it was an insurance write off due to a vehicle knocking it over in a parking lot. In Canada you cannot repair a frame with a "salvage" title.
I am looking for a frame for a 1985 HOnda Shadow 750 (canadian model), however the places I am calling only have the frames listed as their model numbers, not actual model of bike.

So what I was wondering is..... Does anyone know the model number of the specific bikes in question, they should be the exact same model just a different motor.

I did some looking myself and I came up with ME9 as the model #. I compared it with my 83 Shadow 500 which had MF5 listed under model #.

I called a Honda dealer, they couldn't help me, or didn't understand what I was asking. I know when I rebuilt the head on my 500, many parts came in with MF5 stamped on them. So I was wondering if anyone can definitely confirm what the model number is on either of these bikes.

83 Shadow 500 - MF5
85 Shadow 700/750 - ME9.

I would prefer to find a frame in Canada, close to home. Mostly to keep costs down, as I won't have to pay duty, or (hopefully) drive far, or pay shipping costs.

Help me!!!
ShadowDude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement