mid-life crisis? - Page 2 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 12:05 PM

4 kids all gone and now the money's better spent on us, finally, lol. Mid life releaf!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 01:25 PM

Looks like your children will have plenty to choose from when they turn 16! (assuming they aren't already )
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 07:39 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to tgelphman
Quote:
Originally Posted by chingsburg View Post
I bought a 150cc chinese scooter as a starter bike. Within 3 weeks I bought my vt750. The scooter is cute and fun but just not fast enough for the trips back and forth to work. (was getting about 62 mph max...full throttle) I still love the scooter but I love the Shadow even more. Single mom...4 vehicles all tagged and insured...one driver. I wonder if it's it normal for a woman to have a mid-life crisis?
I think with women it's called menopause lol. J/k.

05 VLX 600 - first bike.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingsburg View Post
I wonder if it's it normal for a woman to have a mid-life crisis?
It is not a crisis if you're handling it.

Art's 1999 Shadow 1100 ACE

Ride bell by Dr. Bob's Patient
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 12:00 PM

Garage
I would call mine a mid-life crisis if I could get away with it. But, I don't think I'm going to live to be 120.

"Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 09:05 PM

Amos! It's a parallel universe! You wrote exactly what I was going to write. It is not a "mid life crisis" it is an awakening, a reaffirmation that we are important to ourselves after so many years of being important to everyone else. In the '70's, motorcycling was incredibly unlifting and somehow freeing. When marriage and children came, I "put away the childish toys" and became staid, boring, predictable. When my last child entered college, I bought a "bike in a box," literally, a 1979 yamaha 750 triple, in five boxes. The forum for those bikes is incredibly supportive and helped me rebuild the bike. I rebuilt it in my almost empty living room, shocking all my children, then sold it for a profit, buying a 2003 Yamaha vstar 650. Not enough power. Sold it at a profit and bought the Honda 2005 VT1100C2. The perfect bike.

Nearing 60, put over 9,ooo miles on the bike since April and just bought heated gear to extend my riding. No one related to me understands the freedom of riding. I'm not seeking to regain my youth, I'm riding for the sheer joy of riding.

In deference to my children, I do wear an emergency tag. . .

Sorry this has gotten so windy. I've been to Del Rio (USAF) and am currently in Montgomery Alabama (Maxell AFB). You've definately got the better location.

Keep the shiny side up.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 11:19 PM

Yep, I think going about life we forget to be alive while doing it. Somewhere along the way we start to remember being alive and figure out that it's about time we got doing it again.

Just remember my new basic tenants of riding. Don't fall down and don't cause someone else to fall down. Everything else is just riding.

La vida está en el viento. (Life is in the wind.)

The more I'm around people the more I love my dog, and she annoys the hell out of me sometimes.

[IMG][/IMG]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page