The Girley Bike - Page 2 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2012, 07:47 PM   #11 (permalink)

Well, she is a girl after all.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

2006 Shadow Aero 750
Switchblade windshield, Cobra Floorboards, Saddlemen Hardback Quick-Release Bags, Light Bar, Wind Diverters, Highway Bars, ISO Grips, Chrome Radiator Cover, Raised Handlebars, Vance & Hines Straight Shots, Freeway Blasters
droland is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #12 (permalink)

It's perfect since I am only 5'3" and at my age not going to get any taller. Thanks for the comments. It's the "Girley Bike" because my daughter and I ride it because we are not tall enough to ride my hubby's 1200 Sportster.
AThom10731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:28 PM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to gmck

I've been riding for 40 years, had a KZ900 when they first came out, had a Moto Guzzi when I wanted to tour the US and now have a VLX. I mostly use it to commute and its become my favorite bike. Very easy to handle, fantastic gas mileage, and doesn't complain too much on the hoghway.
gmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:43 PM   #14 (permalink)

Default All my bikes are "Girley Bikes"

Since I AM a girl, albeit an OLD ONE, every single one of my bikes are "Girley Bikes" but I refuse to name them!

Tell the truth, how many of you NAME your bikes GIRL names! I always thought that was, well, kinda creepy. . .

Love you ALL. . .

And I refuse to ride a PINK and purple bike. . .shoot, I SOLD a Yamaha vstar 650 because it was purple. My current scoot is an 05 VT1100C2 with that over-macho black with flames paint. I would prefer an all black, but the cost to paint is more than I paid for the bike, so I just "suffer" all that fake testosterone and hope that no one thinks I am anything other than a girl.
Espiritus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Last edited by old dad; 12-12-2012 at 08:19 PM.
old dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:52 AM   #16 (permalink)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by droland View Post
Well, she is a girl after all.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
Doh! Never even crossed my mind. Still, only thing girly about the bike is the flesh in the seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AThom10731 View Post
It's perfect since I am only 5'3" and at my age not going to get any taller. Thanks for the comments. It's the "Girley Bike" because my daughter and I ride it because we are not tall enough to ride my hubby's 1200 Sportster.
Ha. I hadn't even thought to look at your profile. Wait, that didn't sound ... oh hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espiritus View Post
Since I AM a girl, albeit an OLD ONE, every single one of my bikes are "Girley Bikes" but I refuse to name them!

Tell the truth, how many of you NAME your bikes GIRL names! I always thought that was, well, kinda creepy. . .

Love you ALL. . .

And I refuse to ride a PINK and purple bike. . .shoot, I SOLD a Yamaha vstar 650 because it was purple. My current scoot is an 05 VT1100C2 with that over-macho black with flames paint. I would prefer an all black, but the cost to paint is more than I paid for the bike, so I just "suffer" all that fake testosterone and hope that no one thinks I am anything other than a girl.
Nothin wrong with old. Nothin wrong with purple. I name people and animals. Not things. I do, however, refer to mine as "she". B!tch has a temper worse than my wife.
GilaMinumBeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:03 AM   #17 (permalink)

The only "girly bike" is a Vespa

"Four Wheels Move The Body...Two Wheels Move The Soul"

'99 Shadow 750 A.C.E. Deluxe
Memphis Shades Batwing, Custom Lowers, NC Paladin Highway Bars/Pegs, Cobra Lightbar, Cobra Floorboards, Mustang Wide Touring Seat, Vance & Hines Cruzers, Saddlemen Bags & StreetFX LED Kit.

Ride Bells from Geoergetown18 & Sean12 (lost a fight with a speedbump)
schooner44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:10 AM   #18 (permalink)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by schooner44 View Post
The only "girly bike" is a Vespa

You'd be amazed how fun those can be.
GilaMinumBeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:34 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer View Post

You'd be amazed how fun those can be.
My head just exploded since I'm in the middle of watching Indiana Jones Last Crusade... All of a sudden imagined the motorcycle chase on that thing. Good times.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
Davidson1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:16 AM   #20 (permalink)

Garage

I'd say you got a good small framed cruiser! Those 600s are tough as anvils (almost as tough as the Rebels I'd say).

I guess if you go under the impression that many women are shorter than men this bike would have a tendency to fit women more comfortably than men but lots of guys ride these. My 1100 has almost been retired in favor of a "tiny" 550 but there is no way my wife can fit that bike. She could almost flat-foot the 1100. I thought it was funny when I brought the 550 home everyone thought I picked up a little bike for the wife! Au contraire...

1995 ACE VT1100C2
1975 CB550Four
1994 Toyota 4x4 22RE 5speed
rieckena is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement