Honda Shadow Forums banner

Following the Shadow

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  mdsmith56 
#1 ·
Thinking of getting a new Shadow. Started last year on a Suzuki TU250x and ready to move up. Dealer said they would let me test ride...can't wait.

#6 ·
You don't need anti lock brakes,but for a beginner or anyone they can be helpful in emergency situations were wheel lockup would be detrimental. I was riding with a new rider that was being to aggressive in a corner will ttying to keep up with the big boys. He got scared an tried to slow down And locked up the front wheel; and you know that happened then. Anti lock brakes might have prevented the pain an damage to his bike.

#8 ·
No, knowing that you dont hit your front brakes while leaning in a curve would have saved them. Never RELY on safety equipment to save your ass from a sling. The best thing to keep your noggin safe is inside your noggin.

#9 ·
The instructor I had for MSF training actually told our class not to get bikes with ABS. I'd try to go for a bike that fits you, and a style you like. If you don't have these two things... your likely to sell the bike and get what you want. Why not start of the right way :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.