Honda Shadow Forums banner

Hi, I'm new here

869 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  j007bond 
#1 ·
I've been riding motorcycles since 1981.

I have owned five motorcycles since that time, all Hondas.

My first bike was a used 1973 Honda 450. From this motorcycle I learned to never buy a used motorcycle again. I probably rode this around 13,000 miles.

In 1984 I bought a brand new Honda Hawk (400 cc). It had skinny, slick tires. Fell down a few times (usually by braking at a stop sign or traffic light, and hitting some sand). I rode this for 15,000 miles.

Then in 1987 I traded in the Hawk bought a new Honda Rebel 450. Very, very nice bike. Six speeds (the highest gear was an overdrive). Needing money, I ended up selling it in 1991 to somebody who ships the motorcycles to Holland (apparently the Honda Rebels are popular over there).

After several years lapse, I bought another Honda Rebel in March of 2000. They didn't make the Rebel 450 anymore, so I bought the Honda Rebel 250. That was a mistake, it was too small. I rode it 1,486 miles. I sold it to my wife.

So then, on July 2000, I bought my current bike, a 2001 Honda Shadow VLX 600CD. I love this bike. I've had this bike longer than all my other bikes put together (over 15 years). And driven it more miles than all my other bikes. I love this bike, especially the big, wide back tire.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Dunerider...I got to say that is one SEXY bike. And its black....and we all know black bikes are faster. LOL
Welcome to the forum. There are many of us here with VLX bikes. Some of us right here in Indiana. We get together and ride sometimes.....join us!

#8 ·
This one is in Carroll County. I never knew it was there until I happened upon a sign one day and since I was on the bike it made for a nice little ride off the beaten path. I never would have gone in my car or truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.