Honda Shadow Forums banner

Member Intro

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  DayzeSRS 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, glad to have found these forums. I'm in the process of buying my first bike. It's is an 05 Shadow VT750DCB. I spent months looking at the VStar 650's and one day just come across this bike. I seem to like it more and got a better price on the bike. I should be picking it up in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#4 ·
Nice looking bike! If you ever want to get rid of that big taillight, they make a great looking cats eye light that tucks right up under the rear fender on those Spirits. They look really good.

Welcome to the forum!

#12 · (Edited)
Nice 05 Spirit! I have the same 05 VT750DCB, they're a nice reliable, easy riddin bike. Mine was originally black with red flames but tank was damaged so it got fixed and now just Bad@ss Black and Chrome (replacing those flames is Big $$$).

I like that Cat's Eye light, might have to get one also.

By far, the best mod I've done to mine is to change the rear sprocket to a 38Tooth sprocket! (from the 41 or 42 tooth OEM sprocket). A very Smooth change, lowers the RPM's at cruzing speed, removes the "Buzz" many complain about, and just gives a nicer, easy gliding ride.... It's a common change many make to these shadows.

Am sure your gonna like your new Scoot...

#14 ·
Yeah I just seen the sprocket mod on YouTube. Honestly if I have one complaint so far it's that you can't find a thing about these on YouTube. I was looking into the vstars before this and there were multiple people doing vlogs on their bikes with repair videos and how to make custom this and that. So far on the shadow I've seen oil change a sprocket mod and how to clean the chain which is mainly simple stuff. Maybe I'll invest in a GoPro and do my own once I get the bike and things warm up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.