Honda Shadow Forums banner

Hello from Tennessee

2K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  bd* 
#1 ·
Hello all,new to the forum. I hadn't owned a bike for nearly 10 years,took a 2002 Shadow 600VLX in trade on a truck I was selling recently,so glad to be back (riding)!

I grew up riding dirt bikes all over my home county,racing motocross (from age 8 until 28--I'm 43 in 23 days,LOL) and hare scramblers and such,and have owned a few street legal bikes over the years as well (mostly dual sports,but a couple road bikes like a V65 Magna). I'm legally disabled now (since 12-08) after having suffered on the job spinal injuries in 2001 (not military service related),but get around pretty well,including having ridden the new (to me) bike about 500 miles since taking physical possession of it Saturday,LOL!

Anyways,nice ot meet everyone :smile2:

#7 ·
Welcome, Singlespeed92...somewhere around here is a thread where you can explain your username (but there's nothing to stop you from doing that right here) :)

#8 ·
Thanks for the welcome,guys :smile2:

SInglespeed92: When I raced mtn bikes (pedal kind :wink2:),I raced singlespeed bikes most often (including the 24 Hours of Snowshoe twice on a rigid Redline Monocog). :cool:

Bristol,TN area :smile2:

#11 ·
Cerberus--Yep,have in-laws (that I actually like,LOL) in Morristown,and we lived there for a spell back in the mid 90's when I got out of the Army :)

Chevyman_KY--The snake? (might be something that I do ride,but don't know the name of,but have never heard anyone mention anywhere called the snake in the 5 years we've lived here...)

I was in Kingsport yesterday and today,LOL,and will be there tomorrow,small world,eh? :)

#14 ·
Ahhhh,gotcha--I'd never heard it called that,LOL,yeah I have,but not in over 10 years on a bike (it's coming though :grin2: )

Thank you :smile2:

Finally,can post pics of the bike :grin2:

(with my son sitting on it when we took a break while out riding around)

#15 ·
Rode the Snake today (south,and then back north to home) with my daughter :smile2: But not on the VLX....Thursday was my birthday ,and with us wanting a bigger bike that's more suited to riding with my wife (she's a bit heavier than in years past--not that I mind as long as she's happy/healthy--and together we exceed it's 350lb weight limit,or are dang close to it). Wednesday we went to Knoxville and trailered home a really nice,1 owner '03 ACE,we ride it :grin2:

It's been sitting for quite a while,as the previous owner is 76 (I think he said),and hasn't been able to ride it for well over a year,so it's running a bit rough around the edge's,but it's smoothing out with every 100 miles I put on it so far :smile2:

#16 ·
Rode the Snake today (south,and then back north to home) with my daughter :smile2: But not on the VLX....Thursday was my birthday ,and with us wanting a bigger bike that's more suited to riding with my wife (she's a bit heavier than in years past--not that I mind as long as she's happy/healthy--and together we exceed it's 350lb weight limit,or are dang close to it). Wednesday we went to Knoxville and trailered home a really nice,1 owner '03 ACE,we ride it :grin2:

It's been sitting for quite a while,as the previous owner is 76 (I think he said),and hasn't been able to ride it for well over a year,so it's running a bit rough around the edge's,but it's smoothing out with every 100 miles I put on it so far :smile2:
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the "new to you" shadow ace! With a nice mustang seat, no less! Boy, is your wife gonna love you! You're gonna be pretty damned tickled too!:wink2:

#19 ·
Thanks,guys! She's (the ACE) running a bit rough,having sat for so long (slight missing at low rpm/idle,wants to die on occasion when I stop after 20-30 minutes down an interstate,backfires occasionally),but she's running a bit smoother as the miles go by. Haven't done much other than to ride it so far,LOL,but planning a week off of it (not this week >:),but seriously,the 1st or 2nd week of July :laugh:) to do some wrenching (tune up,carb cleaning,installing the Cobra pipes that came with it,rejet if necessary,etc).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.