Honda Shadow Forums banner

Gdmg42409

491 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Gnarly 
#1 ·
2004 Honda Shadow Aero 750. Just picked this up in February, and it had the craziest front end bounce. Tried new tire, checked for out of round/ out of true... Verdict: Fork oil. Swapped out the old 10 weight for new 15, problem solved.

#3 ·
2004 VT 750C Aero has forward controls already on it, but I use it as a commuter, throwing on nearly 100 miles every day. I want to install crash bars with highway pegs, but don't want to inhibit braking or shifting, obviously. Does anyone have any suggestions?

#4 ·
Good luck!

Usually it's pick one, or the other! Depending on how 'forward' your forward controls are.

What you MAY need is a mustache bar with foot pegs, instead of the highway bars.

Those will usually clear the forward controls, but they're not as easy to find.

Best of luck, regardless, and ride safe.

#6 ·
Another suggestion:

start a new thread, like, f'r instance:

' Any highway bars that work WITH forward controls? ',

because this question is hidden in one of your introductory post.

More riders here will see your question , that way.

<<< And a really good habit is the way you started out this particular post, with year/make/model of bike you ride. Wish everybody did that!>>>

If you ask around, someone may know a solution for both highway bars AND forward controls for that particular bike , that I'm not aware of.

It usually comes down to control / clearance issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.