Honda Shadow Forums banner

What is your preferred saddlebags/sissy bar bags for your Honda Shadow?

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  stanvanover 
#1 ·
When I bought my Shadow a few months back it came with a set of saddlebags that were leather and all dried out and deteriorating badly. I removed them and attempted to salvage them with some leather conditioner but it was useless :(

So these last few weeks I've been on a search to find another set of saddlebags and a matching sissy bar bag (If possible). What opinion do you folks have on saddlebag brands and material? I'm wanting to go with weather proof nylon like these River Road Spectrum Slant Saddlebags and getting the match Sissy bar/Trunk bag. Any experience on their reliability and durability would be greatly appreciated.

To give a bit more information, the wife and I would eventually like to be able to travel on our Shadow overnight (two or three days max) to places. We'd like to be able to pack "minimally" and not have to feel like we're unable to jam a change of underwear and socks and one set of clothes (jeans and shirt) in the saddlebags. We'd also like them to be able to "quickly" unzip from the Shadow.
Thanks

#6 ·
American Rider bags, currently, on both ACEs.

Owned by Saddlemen, made by Saddlemen; about half-price of Saddlemen.

And yes, I was just as astonished as you all look, right now!
Had never heard of them.

~Gnarly

( living proof that old age and treachery will always win out over youth and exuberance )

#8 ·
American Rider bags, currently, on both ACEs.

Owned by Saddlemen, made by Saddlemen; about half-price of Saddlemen.

And yes, I was just as astonished as you all look, right now!
Had never heard of them.

~Gnarly

( living proof that old age and treachery will always win out over youth and exuberance )
I had not run across these folks, but thanks I just found out what the wife if getting me for Christmas, a trunk bag!:grin2:

#9 ·
Side-by-side comparisons with the Saddlemen bags are an exercise in futility.

Same same.

Really like mine.

~Gnarly

( yeah. Brer Bill was Mom's favorite. )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.