Honda Shadow Forums banner

Seat compatability for 2016 Phantom

691 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  lawdogg298 
#1 ·
I have been looking pretty extensively through the forum and can't seem to find an answer to this. I have even emailed a couple of custom seat recoverers with no clear answer.

I am actually looking to recover my stock seat with a different color leather (or vinyl). I have already purchased a secondhand seat from ebay so i don't ruin my new seat. I can find a place online that sells covers for the Sabre VT1100, which appears to be a very similar size and shape to my seat. Does anyone have any knowledge to the dimesions and measurements of the Sabre VT1100 seat, as it compares to the phantom?

I can always send the seat off and have it custom covered, but that would cost a good deal more than just ordering the seat cover and putting it on myself. Also, I have no tailoring skills. I thought about doing the whole thing myself, but others seem to recommend the use of a sewing machine and actual know-how... and I know I don't have either of those!

#3 ·
^this.

Cousin has a 2002 Sabre 1100.
Neighbor @BobS761 has a '14 Phantom.
Sabre seat is at least 40% larger all over. Maybe more.

I believe the OP's best bet is to find an HSN member who has MADE seat covers, then barter: trade parts, trade work, etc. to get it done AND also be pleased with the results....

~Gnarly

( yeah. Brer Bill was Mom's favorite. )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.