Honda Shadow Forums banner

Need to get back on the bike

798 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Gnarly 
#1 ·
Have had my bike for about 4 years not. Haven't been out on it for a little while. Thinking about taking riding lessons again just to get the feel of it. Waste of money?

#2 ·
I took a 40 year break and just started out slow and away from traffic for awhile. Maybe a refresher Safety course would be a good idea.

#3 ·
Bad news...took the safety course was guessing it was the same one I took 5 years ago. Nope. Failed both the written and riding test. Was over confident on the written test and missed by 2 questions. Riding test was not good due to hitting the cones while riding in and out of them. Not a good day for me. The safety class was given by the California state by the CHP. Planning on taking both test again and passing. Thought maybe I shouldn't because I already have my license but I gotta beat this. Being 56 has it's disadvantages but I don't let anything beat me.

#5 ·
Same thing happened to me. I passed the test 15 years ago. Then took it again with my husband last year and ended up failing because of the u-turn box and my braking distance. I was also very upset with myself, but the class costs $275, so I'm not taking it again. I found out that just getting out there and riding was better overall rather than just hanging out in a parking lot and driving in circles. :)

#7 ·
While the older riders here were on the roads wearing out our 3rd or 4th or 5th motorcycles, somebody invented a Motorcycle Safety Class.

And charged MONEY for it!

A great money-making racket, I suppose.

But it should NEVER be confused with real-world riding experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.