Honda Shadow Forums banner

Greetings Shadow Fans

866 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  finallyashadow 
#1 ·
Greetings Shadow Fans,,,,,

My screen name says it all doesn't it ?,,, FINALLY A SHADOW !!

Always wanted to buy a brand new shiny shadow since about 1984,, but just couldn't swing the discretionary cash into my budget.
Add a couple divorces since then and i thought id never get a chance to buy one.
So i decided if i cant afford one all at once, id look for the deal of the century on a project bike. Otherwise known as a "basket case" /-)

Well,,, that deal of the century finally came to me. My wish finally came true. Sometimes you find things,,, sometimes things find you.

So im visiting with an old band mate,,,, lamenting about my desire for a shadow,,,,and out of the blue he says he knows a guy who he knew
who was building one shadow out of two basket cases and ran out of steam and enthusiasm and was going to put them up for sale.
He said the guy was a musician also,,, played guitar and wanted to pick up a bass guitar somewhere also.

So i asked him if he thought the guy would consider a trade.
I have a bunch of guitars and bass guitars ,,, and one can only play one guitar at a time right ? ,,so if this guy would do a trade , this
would qualify as a deal of the century to me !

So i offered him my acoustic electric hollow body bass,, active pickup/3band E.Q.,, cobalt blue clear coat finish,, and a Washburn
Slim Line acoustic electric active pickup/3band E.Q,, cobalt blue clear finish. A beautiful set of guitars. The guy agreed and yesterday
i went and got them and today i can say "finally a Shadow" !

So here i am , grateful that this forum exists,, and ready to learn from ya"alls experience and postings.
Its gonna be a long process for me ,,, to get one bike put together from two,,,, but it will be worth it to finally have a shadow.

The two Shadows are an 83 and an 85. Both were laid down.

The 1985 Shadow has always been my favorite year ,,, and thats the one im going to put back on the road.

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forum. we love pictures here.
I hope your project comes together and you get the 1985 running well!
The 2 bike are a bit different with the '83 being a 750 and the '85 a 700, unless you got a Canadian version where they still had 750's even when the US had 700's. Interesting Story there.
A lot of the parts may help you put together one bike.

Here is a link to service manuals that the good folks here have provided. Study it well because "there will be a test".

http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/72-technical-discussion/122857-honda-service-manuals.html

#3 ·
Welcome! But I have to say, one can never have too many guitars!
And yes please pics of both bikes and the guitar and bass you traded! Sounds like you got a good trade if you can make it work and sounds like a fun project to finally get what you wanted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.