Honda Shadow Forums banner

Any windshield experts?

2K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  smurfy71 
#1 ·
Greetings all,

I've had my VT750C 07 Shadow for a few years now and i've finally decided to buy a windshield.
I am having some trouble trying to source one in particular with eBay being somewhat vague and local motorcycle shops charging up to $1000!.

The shield/screen i am interested is pictured below, (and attachments) i believe it is called 'memphis fat'?
I like the idea of it being tall and above eye level as i never ride in wet conditions and would like complete resistance against bugs/wind. I just don't know exactly where to find it or even what the length of it is, but it is perfect.

https://s23.postimg.cc/jvuckstvb/gc5442908429266306722.jpg

Any help would be appreciated. I've read countless threads here relating to everything windshield. Hoping you guys could welcome a new member and point me in the right direction.

Cheers,

James.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forum Memphis Fats should be easy to come by. Click on Honda in the application chart link on the right side of this page to find the correct mounts.
Memphis Fats

#6 ·
Once you know what you need, which sounds like a Memphis Shades Fats in 21", I'd check eBay for it. I found a Memphis Shades Fats 19" WITH the mounting hardware for only $50, and it's tinted Ruby red to match my bike. You can find those great bargains, but you do have to look for them. Just be sure that with a windshield that big, you don't end up "pushing" so much wind that you get slowed down going up long mountain hills, like I did with my VT750DC. It's at least something to consider. Some people claim that a batwing type fairing works as good at blocking the wind off you, but doesn't "push" it so much, so you might check on those, too. Here's one that isn't too expensive:
Universal Front Fairing Batwing Windshield for most Honda Shadow Rebel 750 600 | eBay
though you might need to get the mounting hardware for it.

#8 ·
Yup, $1000 is ridiculous! Memphis shades is a good company with great products.
National cycles sells very similar shields, great quality also.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

#9 ·
I have a Memphis shades fats on my 05 Aero. It came with the bike, so I could not tell you how much it was, but I can tell you that it is stupidly easy to remove and install. If you buy your shield (either from MS or from elsewhere) you should have no issues installing it yourself.

#11 ·
Thanks all for your responses.

I've done a good amount of research and based on measurement requirements i'll be going with the switchblade 2-up from National cycles.

My dilemma is that this model is available both from ebay and the national cycles website and the price different is significant.

Does anyone know if there are differences between these two sellers as below?
As far as i am concerned, both links depict the same model windshield, however the SKU appears different.

eBay:
National Cycle 2UP Switchblade Windshield for Honda Shadow | eBay

National Cycles:
National Cycle Switchblade 2-Up Windshield - Motorcycle Superstore

#17 ·
One thing I can see right off the bat is the ebay one is in Australia.

Personally, I would buy from NC or an authorized distributor, I'm not sure where you are located, so I can't suggest one. Be aware, that for either of those you will require the mounting kit.

#12 ·
"I have a Memphis shades fats on my 05 Aero. It came with the bike, so I could not tell you how much it was, but I can tell you that it is stupidly easy to remove and install. If you buy your shield (either from MS or from elsewhere) you should have no issues installing it yourself."

Kitulu: I have an 05 750 Aero. Does the Memphis shades fats you have provide wind protection for your hands?

#16 · (Edited)
ABATE of GA Swapmeet @ Atlanta Motor Speedway this weekend...
Welcome...
This annual swapmeet, has been my source for windshields since 2007 when I bought my Baby...
We host three swaps per year...
$25 is the most I`ve paid ever!
Cy-Clear, MS Fats and others have been on my Baby...

One comment on height, though...
Just below eye level is BEST!
There are days when the windshield gets dirty, fogged and you NEED to see over it...

Welcome...
Enjoying Spring,
D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.