Honda Shadow Forums banner

New Membeer 1984 Honda Shadow VT700C

549 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  MotorHead34 
#1 ·
got this bike in a trade, it has 1110 miles on it. in very very good condition. i really want to bobber it out but still cant come around to messing with such a mint piece of equipment with that low of miles. for now i just removed some bolt on things. will go to some drag bars, not the flat bar ones. i want to change up the seat. i feel to crunched up with my knees and elbows. i did an overhaul of the brakes they were full of old crystalized DOT fluid. work like a charm now. the bike wouldnt even roll on flat pavement. stripped the calipers cleaned them, cblew out all the lines, and cleaned out the master cylinder. dring install i couldnt get the MC to prime for the life of me. well there was a ton of trapped air. inside the banjo bolt at the MC and with no fluid in the lines it was sucking air every pump. REVERSE BLEED YOUR BRAKES. this works absolutely like a charm. filled all the lines with fluid and forced all the air bubbles out. lever pumped up in about 15 slow pulls or more. i didnt go all the way to the handlebar. actually stayed at the top of the lever pull and did small compressions and it seams to build the pressure faster and make it harder. i bled the brakes like normal. tapped on the calipers and MC multiple times over and over. bled both calipers 2-3 times and presto.brand new brake system. i will try to post pictures on the cleaning process soon. i have alot more to do to it to mae it in tip top shape. new gear oil. coolant flush. engine oil. carb sync. new gas and clean carbs if im ballsy enough to take it apart.

RIDE ON!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome to the circus my friend. I gotta say I'd say stock myself.....Well I did stay stock with that same bike. They only made them for 4 years and we're only made due to a tariff. There tons of fun but can be a pain to get parts for at times. Here my 84 VT700. Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.