Honda Shadow Forums banner

Help naming my bike?

3K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  Mark-B 
#1 ·
I haven't ever really named my vehicles but I do like the idea of it. I also have a Mustang GT that remains nameless. But I am horrible with names so I thought I would ask here for some suggestions. What name do you think fits the bike? It is a 2001 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100. It was converted to a bobber by the previous owner. The only real thing I have done thus far is put on the whitewalls, replaced the grips, and the levers because they had sculls on them and I am not a huge fan of skulls everywhere lol. These modifications are not done in this picture though, this was just after I put the new tires on it. She isn't perfect (yet) but she's mine, got her for a steal too so can't complain too much.

See less See more
#2 ·
Name her Bobbie Mae.

#3 ·
I like the white walls!

yeah, a girls name is great (we like to fall in love with our bikes), I named my bike 'Eve' which had special meaning to me

maybe if you don't readily have a name that is meaningful to you from you life... perhaps one from a story you loved, book, movie, etc.

#15 ·
Thank you, everyone for the suggestions :D

Thank you for the compliment, I was a little iffy on the whitewalls before I had them mounted but once I saw them on the bike I fell in love with them. I don't know why I have always referred to my beloved vehicles as her it's just a thing I do lol. I have always done it for my Mustang since I bought her, and now my Shadow because I absolutely fell in love with the bike and riding in general. I may wait and see if a name sort of jumps out at me.
I don't normally name vehicles. I did name the bike in honour of my Great Aunt who left me some money that allowed me to purchase the bike.
Im sorry for your loss, that is an awesome tribute however.
Heck, I'd put in Banshee or Black Betty or something of sorts.
It's a tough looking bike, it warrants a name that's more raw in nature.
Thank you very much for the compliment, I do very much like the sound of Banshee it just sounds awesome. I may go with that unless I decide to wait and see if I name jumps out at me.
Maybe "Shadow" or even "Spirit". Oh wait, you wanted to RE-name your bike. Shoot, I can't help you there.
Well let's see
When I take the Sentra I tell my wife " I'm taking the SENTRA
When I take the Truck I tell my wife "I'm taking the TRUCK
When I ride the Shadow I tell my wife "I'm taking the BIKE
So I guess you could call it THE BIKE
These two gave me a good laugh, thank you for that lol. I don't think I would really use the name in casual conversation though, it's more or less for me.
^^^I agree!!! The longer you have your bike, you'll get a certain feeling when you go out to the garage to start it up. That's when the name will come to you.

Great looking bike!
I already sort of have that feeling after only owning her for a month. I do know the strong feeling though, I have it every time I go out to get the cover off the Mustang and fire her up. Thank you for the compliment also :)

#8 ·
Nobody can name your bike for you. Names come in time - if at all.. Just give it some time, your bike will earn a name, or not.. ;)

#9 ·
Well let's see
When I take the Sentra I tell my wife " I'm taking the SENTRA
When I take the Truck I tell my wife "I'm taking the TRUCK
When I ride the Shadow I tell my wife "I'm taking the BIKE
So I guess you could call it THE BIKE

#11 ·
I have the same problem. I wanted to name mine something "macho", like if a guy owned a locomotive. But most guys name theirs a female names as a loving friend.
So that brings up a quandary. How can I cuss out Sweet Susie or Annebell when she won't start on a cold morning? :roll:

#16 ·
lol, I can just imagine on a cold morning the words that would be used in combination with the name XD
I almost named her Medusa, that's a bad-ass female name
Medusa is a pretty bad-ass name.
Medusa, that's funny .
And if you tear into your bike and it turns into a can of worms the name Pandora might fit also.
Those are both awesome names.

#14 ·
Medusa, that's funny .
And if you tear into your bike and it turns into a can of worms the name Pandora might fit also.

#19 ·
Pandora...that is fantastic. If I hadn't already named mine Vivian, it would be Pandora for certain.

#18 ·
Will do! It is a 2001 Mustang GT Premium, aka my baby. I bought it with my own money 2 years ago when I was 16 (One of my proudest moments to be honest). 4.6L 2v v8, and a ton of mods that I will go into detail on in the other post as well as some pictures :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.