Honda Shadow Forums banner

New to bikes need help

1K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  swifty2014 
#1 ·
Hey I just got my first bike a 2006 Honda shadow 750 that needs the carbs cleaned or new ones an other little things but I have these wires hanging that I am lost on where they get plugged into at any help would be much appreciated

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Can't tell in the picture but do the wires T together and travel to the other side of the bike, or do they stay separate and go to the other side of the bike or, are they just connected together. If they wires are from the other side of the bike where do they head off to?

#4 ·
If everything works it looks like somebody added it on.Ask the PO, it was probably something they removed and left the wires.

#7 ·
Try to wiggle them toward the left side to see if you can see where they run to. It probably was add on lights or horns, alarm system, etc. Do they run to the battery?

#8 ·
The green wire looks to be set up like a ground would be judging by the large hole for a bolt. As for the red does it go into the crankcase cover or does it just look like it in the pic. My bike ( although much older 84 VT700c) has a sensor in the crankcase in that area that plugs in at the airbox cover.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Not sure what model your bike is, but I looked in that area on my 06 Aero and there are no wires what so ever. Carbs don't require wiring, so it is unlikely they go there. Some very knowledgeable people have told you that they don't look stock.

Here is the wiring diagram for the 06, good luck.

#17 ·
No worries. Sorry the picture is sideways but on the bottom of the carb next to the idle screw, there's a brass fitting that looks like a small screw with a little square blade next to it. One on each carb. The fittings on the ends of the wires push right on there.

#19 ·
After looking at your pic again, it looks like you may be missing the one on that carb and that's probably why the blade is hanging out of the connector on one of your wires. It's not a big deal, you can order new ones. Shouldn't affect the driveability meanwhile.

#20 ·
Since both sets of wires are dangling loose I would say someone had the carbs off and the heaters may not even be there anymore. I looks like a large hole in the lower part of the picture where a heater could screw in, and the green ground terminal may have been with it also.

#21 ·

Attachments

#23 ·
The heater will help in a cold climate but may not even be noticed in a warm climate. It may need further carb work if it is starving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.