Honda Shadow Forums banner

New to the place looking for some help, here's my baby

503 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  bigolepit 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey there guys
here's my 1984 vt700

Just got her about 2 months ago all she needed was a stator change, so I promptly got to it but I'm not an experienced mechanic so in all my excitement I forgot to take a picture of how the gear shifter/slave cylinder area was set up with and without the slave cylinder cover.

Could anyone possibly provide some example pics? I've searched far and wide and to my embarrassment can't find any myself.

Edit: Fixed the picture!

See less See more
#2 ·
I think this is what your looking for reference pics for. I don't keep the cover on my slave cylinder personally but it literally just just covers it. These pics are of my 84 VT700C so it should be the same as your bike. On the shifter there is a indent on both the peg and shaft you line up with to place the shifter in the right place. Also the flat metal clip to the right side on the slave cylinder can pinch the oil pressure sensor wire and cause the oil light to come on if you pinch it so be sure the wires are clear of it. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Welcome to the forum BIG_CAT.
I see LITTLE CAT is checking the ride too.
And please remember that rusty hammer is not a proper Metric Spanner to be used on a Honda Shadows.
Have fun and ride safe !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.