Honda Shadow Forums banner

Post #2- Gas Tank shake normal???

826 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  "Captain D" 
#1 ·
I noticed upon riding my recently purchased 02 shadow yesterday that the gas tank moves quite a bit on the frame. I wasn't sure if this was supposed to be normal or not and would like to determine that before I ride any further in case it needs to be tightened.

A friend with experience suggested it may be like that because of rubber mounts, but I want to be sure.

Thanks guys!

#3 ·
Some shake is normal, depends on how much you have. The tank is held by 2 rubber mounts in the front and 1 bolt under the front of the seat. If a rubber is missing off the mount or the last person to put it back on didn't get it snug on the rubber, you may experience more than normal movement.

#5 ·
Hey guys, it's an 02 shadow Ace. To me it seems abnormal. If I lean on it or use my hands it rocks back and forth quite a bit. I will check out the bolts for it and see about snugging them up. I want to find a service manual for it, but haven't been able to find one online for the 750 ace.

#9 ·
Most are interchangeable 98-03 ACE parts fit each other...
There are differences though...

Yes @mshred them rubbers aughtta be checked to be sure they "ain`t wore slap out"...
Remove the seats, to access tank bolt at the rear of the tank...
Movement is normal, but should be limited, and you aught NOT feel or hear metal rubbing when the tank is rocked or slid...

It Don`t take but a minute to check it out,
D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.