Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum - View Single Post - North Central Mass!
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 11:54 PM
Reverend Biker

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Reverend Biker Send a message via MSN to Reverend Biker
Tim & Rob,

There are so many great roads that run through this area... one of my riding buddies tells me his brother and his friends drive cross country to find roads like the ones we have in our back yard. And there are times when we see less than a dozen vehicles during a three or four hour ride. It doesn't get any better than that.

There are so many roads through this area... and a bunch I am just discovering. My Yamaha was brutalized on a stretch of Rt 68 going north. I was lucky I didn't blow my fork seals out! It was like someone shelled the area and the roads took the brunt. 32 and 32A around the east side of the Quabbin can be rough in spots, but in daylight you can see far enough where you can avoid the worst of it. The section that crosses to Rt 9 no the south side of the Quabbin has some great roads that were just repaved in the last few years.

There is an event called Rice-o-rama that happens in September. in Oxford MA. RICE-O-RAMA home page

Vintage bike show, swap and sell and some vendors. Only downside to the show, I didn't have very good cell service. That is the worst thing I can come up with... We always have fun and there are some A-mazing vintage concours bikes. Someone posted their photo slide show of last year here:

Just a few more of the great things to do around here.

Maybe see you around the Honey Farms once the snow clears...

The Rev

The Reverend
'01 Shadow Sabre VT1100C2
'83 XVZ12T Yamaha Venture Royale

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome