Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum - View Single Post - North Central Mass!
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-23-2013, 05:15 PM
Reverend Biker

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Reverend Biker Send a message via MSN to Reverend Biker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therippster3002 View Post
Hey everyone

Just stopping by to see what group rides may be up this way or if a group of people want to set up a ride. I grew up in Gardner so I am familiar with the area and it is a nice area. I am currently out in the concord area and still trying to find nice rides.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Welcome!

There are some fun spots out your way too. For the last two years I have been trying to organize a meet and greet at the Lowell Bike Night. Weather has yet to cooperate. Last three times we tried to set something up bike night was rained out. Maybe we can organize something this year.

I can't say enough how much I love the rural Central Mass areal. From Orange, Athol, Tulley, Royalston, Petersham, Barre, Phillipston, Gardner... it has some of the least cage-traveled twisties in the state.

I never realized how many roads go through state forest land in this area alone. I see people who have colored in 80% of the continental US on a map and I can honestly say I did at least 7000 of the 19k miles on my Yamaha last year in-state. There are just so many cool places to go.

Northfield Mountain has a great recreational area Northfield Mountain Environmental & Recreation Center :: North Quabbin Woods, a place to park, swim if you want... grab some grass and have a picnic, then head down the road in any direction for more great riding. You can take Rt 63 from there north into Northfield NH and go to a drive in movie on the weekend, or head the other direction and find yourself in Amherst, or a few miles down Rt 9 from the center of Amherst is Northampton. Al great destinations with night life, great people watching and biker friendly establishments.

As the weather gets warmer and the Lowell Bike Night schedule gets posted, we should try to find a tuesday night and do a HondaShadow.net meet and greet.

Lets hear what everyone thinks...

The Rev

The Reverend
'01 Shadow Sabre VT1100C2
'83 XVZ12T Yamaha Venture Royale

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome