Oxford Intelligent Heated Grips - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

Model: VT750CA Aero
Year: 2007
Garage
Cool Oxford Intelligent Heated Grips

I just installed these grips over the weekend and wanted to post a review of how they actually perform.

I got these from Revzilla for $99.00

These have an intelligent controller that allows several heat settings from warm to blistering and auto detects when the bike is not running and shuts themselves off. They will also shut off if they detect the battery voltage dropping below 10.5 volts.

Installation was super easy: I first removed the seat to allow access to the battery, and the gas tank to allow access for routing the very well designed and though out wires. Everything is completely water proof including the connections. They screw together and have o-rings to seal the connector.

Used a box cutter and just split the old OEM grips right down the middle and peeled them off. Used Xylene to clean off the old glue from the left handle bar and the right throttle plastic piece. You don't even have to take the throttle assembly apart!
Temporarily slid the grips on so I could get the wire routing correct. Once I had that figured out I then glued the grips on with the provided Super Glue. (You have to use an included plastic insert on the throttle side as the Honda throttle piece is a bit too small. You first glue that into the heated grip then glue that assembly to the throttle piece.)

Next route the wires from each hand grip and the controller (three wires total) down to the head stock. Plug the two grip power cords into the controller cord then plug the controller into the power cord. Route the power cord to the battery and connect the two ring terminals to the battery. Zip tie everything down, re-install the tank and seat, and let the glue dry for 6 hours before use.

So how do they work? DAMN GOOD!
I first rode late yesterday evening when the temps were in the high 40's to low 50's. I set them on the second setting (50%) and within a minute they were warm and toasty. I was wearing my fall/spring gloves (very thin insulation) and my hands were sweating. About 10 miles into my ride I "lost" my left hand wind deflector! I had thought I needed to take it off to get the grips installed and had loosened the two bolts holding the plastic to the bracket. I forgot to tighten them back up and they vibrated loose. I saw the plastic go sailing into the ditch... I turned around and was able to actually find the plastic, but the bolts were MIA. So for the next 20 miles my left hand was in the full wind. Both hands still stayed toasty warm though the back of the left hand was colder than the right with the wind deflector.

This morning it was in the mid 30's when I left the house and I put the controller on 70%. I had not installed the left wind deflector and both hands STILL stayed toasty warm! My left thumb would get a little cold but just placing it against the grip would warm it right up.

If you suffer from cold hands, BUY THESE!!!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4051W.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	261546   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4054W.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	261548  

Trinity my 2007 Honda Shadow Aero
1971 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser

I'm nobodies slave, I'm nobodies master,
Time is mine, morning, night, and afternoon...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page