Honda Shadow Forums banner

What did you do to your bike today?

2M views 22K replies 1K participants last post by  bweighmaster 
#1 · (Edited)
I picked up my painted parts and started assemballin the bike :)

#5,001 ·
Left the house around 11 this morning. Temps were still in the low 40's so it was a bit chilly. Stopped around noon to grab a bite to eat and the temps had warmed up so the rest of the ride was perfect. Ended up getting in about 125 miles, it was great getting back out for more than a 30 minute or so ride.

#5,002 ·
WOW!
5001 posts here, Great!

I straddled the saddle at nearly 11 am headed home from our weekend gathering...
When I parked Friday, my Bike wasn`t moved until today...

100 round trip mileage, to Albany...

I see more and more folks getting out on Bikes here on HSN, MAYBE Old Man Winter will let us Ride!

Ride when you can,
Dennis

#5,003 ·
Brother n law called, he got his Gold Wing put back together and running so we met up and went for a short 3 1/2 hour ride! It was great! Lot's of bikers out today enjoying the weather. (my waving arm is s:mrgreen:re!)

#5,005 ·
WOW!
5001 posts here, Great!

I straddled the saddle at nearly 11 am headed home from our weekend gathering...
When I parked Friday, my Bike wasn`t moved until today...

100 round trip mileage, to Albany...

I see more and more folks getting out on Bikes here on HSN, MAYBE Old Man Winter will let us Ride!

Ride when you can,
Dennis
This thread will hit 10,000 posts long before the "10,000th post wins free membership!" thread.

#5,006 ·
I finally got around to installing the helmet speakers my wife bought me for Christmas.

I did a lot of trail-and-error getting the position exactly where I want it so the volume is nice and clear. I had to use my dremel to recess them properly because the pockets in my Scorpion Helmet weren't deep enough and didn't align well with my ear holes. Done. So far, so good.

I'd still like to figure out a way to secure the wire and plug dangling out the side of the helmet. I've come up with nothing searching the web so I'm going to muddle around until I find a solution I like.

Next: Sewing on about two years worth of patches onto my vest. I rarely wear the vest, but I gotta put those patches somewhere. Luckily, my vest is denim, not leather. My wife volunteered to do the job, but It's getting close to suppertime. We both can sew a patch on, but only she can cook, and I'm getting hungry. :D

#5,007 · (Edited)
Took wife's VLX for 60 mile ride & a buffet. Bike flew going there, but seems to drag on the way back. I have no idea of the cause.
Headwind and uphill?:mrgreen:;) Got out for the afternoon 2-up with the wife. Lunch at McD's and a easy cruise along the Illinois River waterway. Stopped at a riverside park for a break and pics. Almost 70* and a great day for a ride! New front tire and springs are a big thumbs up! I haven't push her too hard in the curves yet as the tire isn't fully scrubbed and there's still a lot of salt/sand on the roads.

Attachments

#5,011 ·
I went on two rides, one on my sons bike for about 20 miles and one on mine right after for about 30 miles. Huge difference in feel and sound. After having forward controls on mine his feels quite cramped and mine feels great. Either way beautiful day and beautiful rides!

#5,014 ·
Went in the garage and looked at it...been raining here all weekend, looks like it should let up during the week, then come back with a vengence next weekend!

Sheesh...I'd take a vacation day during the week and go *ride* if I didn't have so much to do at work! Ah, well; we've had more good weather in the last month than we've had during that timeframe in the last 25 years that I've been here, so I'm not complaining. Much. :)

#5,015 ·
Ordered a new Cobra Sissy bar. Most of the other accessories on my bike are Cobra, so I wanted to be consistent, plus this was half price (Ebay - patience pays off). New handlebars arrive tomorrow ...
Got those bars on yet? Can't wait to see the pics!

#5,016 ·
Pulled her off the lift table, and found the bolt for the highway bars/shift linkage had snapped during the winter. Got a temporary replacement until the hardware pack arrives from Lindby. Battery tender said the battery was fully charged, but I had to boost her to get her to start up, might be the tender is shot. Ran her for 10-15 minutes just to get the battery up to full charge and the pipes cleared out from winter storage. Then I cleaned her up.

#5,019 ·
I walked by my Baby a few times this morning to get around it;)

I Had to get supplies for firing up the 1964 Sears mower...
Got the mower fired off and rode through the yard until it quit...
Something inside broke... :(
But that is the reason for riding in the yard insteadda down the 1/4 mile of driveway...

I heard a strange Thuu-UNK when it first fired off, so I knew it wasn`t deemed for mower use again this year without a rebuild...

I got it from the side of the road back in 95, and been using it...

I ain`t gonna let it ruin my day:D