The Book of John Hopkins - Page 2 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 2154 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 01:05 PM

Canyon, I'm in Houston. Let's get this full circle, get the book down in the state where your journey began!

2001 VLX 600
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 2154 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 03:57 PM

Garage
I will be travelling to Virginia (Lyndhurst/Danville) come June 3rd, then I plan on moving on to Townsend, TN around June 9th. I used goggle maps and it appears that Canyon and I are about 450 miles from each other ....if it would be possible to arrange a meet somewhere around Plattsburg, New York, I could take the book with me to Virginia and arrange to meet someone to pass it on to. If that doesn't work out, perhaps I could take it on to TN and pass it on to someone in that area. The best time for me to do this would be the weekend of May 19th....let me know if you think we can work something out.

Di

'Nikki'
post #13 of 2154 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 09:11 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetlady View Post
I will be travelling to Virginia (Lyndhurst/Danville) come June 3rd, then I plan on moving on to Townsend, TN around June 9th. I used goggle maps and it appears that Canyon and I are about 450 miles from each other ....if it would be possible to arrange a meet somewhere around Plattsburg, New York, I could take the book with me to Virginia and arrange to meet someone to pass it on to. If that doesn't work out, perhaps I could take it on to TN and pass it on to someone in that area. The best time for me to do this would be the weekend of May 19th....let me know if you think we can work something out.

Di
I'll meet you in Virginia, Danville is about an hour from me.

Chill

2008 Shadow Spirit 750C2
"Not all who wander are lost"
post #14 of 2154 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

Di
I have a club ride on May 19th so I won't be able to go then. But so far you're the closest (though you profile says you are in Canada???) I don't care who gets it when or how long they have it and where it goes. I'm hoping to goes and goes and goes then finds its way back to me.

May 20 I could do though. Unless someone else can do something sooner? No offense Di, just a long way away.

Check this thread for where the book is now - it's traveling! Make sure you get your shot at it!!

Longest ride to date: 28 days 16058 miles.
post #15 of 2154 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 01:20 PM

Garage
LOL....Yes, I am in Canada, just across the border 1/2 hour from Alexandria Bay/Clayton Area..........yes I could do May 20th....so if no on else comes forward or is closer, shall we start it off? Looks like I'd be about 250 miles from High Point, North Carolina...maybe we could meet up somewhere inbetween like.......the Dragon! Hopefully this all works out .....I'm sure it will, one way or another, but I would like to participate..........

Di

'Nikki'
post #16 of 2154 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 01:52 PM

Garage
Quote:
LOL....Yes, I am in Canada, just across the border 1/2 hour from Alexandria Bay/Clayton Area..........yes I could do May 20th....so if no on else comes forward or is closer, shall we start it off? Looks like I'd be about 250 miles from High Point, North Carolina...maybe we could meet up somewhere inbetween like.......the Dragon! Hopefully this all works out .....I'm sure it will, one way or another, but I would like to participate..........

Di
I'll meet you at the Dragon - was thinking of putting one of the Dragon stickers on it, I'm sure John would appreciate that being from Wales.

2008 Shadow Spirit 750C2
"Not all who wander are lost"
post #17 of 2154 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

Di
If you are in Canada you should swing by on your way. Why make me go south?

Check this thread for where the book is now - it's traveling! Make sure you get your shot at it!!

Longest ride to date: 28 days 16058 miles.
post #18 of 2154 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 02:39 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chill View Post
I'll meet you at the Dragon - was thinking of putting one of the Dragon stickers on it, I'm sure John would appreciate that being from Wales.

That would be awesome..........I sure hope we can put this together! Could you pm me your phone number and I will get in touch with you my first trip across the border......I have a US phone cell phone that I use, however, I can only use it when I'm in the states.....however it beats paying the long distance rates that my Canadian telephone company insist on charging....most weeks I'm in the states at least twice, so it works out not too badly!

'Nikki'
post #19 of 2154 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 02:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon View Post
If you are in Canada you should swing by on your way. Why make me go south?
LOL......I have been known to go for a scoot and end up in Vermont, so I won't say it wouldn't or couldn't happen, although the next few months are going to be very busy for me. If you pm me your phone #, I'll get in touch with you should I end up anywhere near you!!

Di

'Nikki'
post #20 of 2154 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 10:51 PM

I am in Jersey, and would be glad to help with getting Johns book from the northeast a little further south.

1999 VLX
1998 SA750
1991 NSX

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page