Honda Shadow Forums banner

What did you do to your bike today?

2M views 22K replies 1K participants last post by  bweighmaster 
#1 · (Edited)
I picked up my painted parts and started assemballin the bike :)

#20,023 ·
Nothing with, to or For My Baby today, I was "Up with the Chickens" this morning for the trip to Unadilla, GA, to Help with The Angel City Fall Rally Bike Show...
We had 26 to Judge and some were REALLY NICE Ones...
My Favorite was an Evo Rat Bike...
Had car Valve covers welded up for a fuel tank, Connecting rods for the part of the frame what held the rear fender & Tractor Seat...
An Old 50s car horn under the Headlight, on a Springer Frontend with a Snow tire, the rear tire is military truck/jeep tread...
I voted it Best of Show, I don`t think anyone else did...
They were some NICE Bikes,
Dennis

#20,024 ·
Not today, but a couple of days ago I discovered a problem with the odometer.

It hasn't metered enough odos!

I don't really know what an "odo" is, but I know how to make sure my meter meters more of them. So I took her out for a bit of a ride. On the way home on the motorway I learned of a crash ahead causing delays, and could've taken the side road that would get me around the crash site while adding 2 or 3 miles and 5 minutes. Instead I did it @"Captain D" style and took a longer road that added 50.

Also a road that is devoid of gas stations, should've checked the trip meter, thankfully enough fumes to get home. If I'd run out in the valley I'd've been fuming, that's f'sure!

#20,025 ·
Follow in my footsteps and the Odometer will make aplenta Odos...
I Love it,
Dennis
Change gas Often & add Odos

#20,027 ·
Yes, stanman13 I`ve been noticing colors for weeks now, BUT they``re more and more each day as Winter weather sneaks toward us...
BUT I didn`t do NOTHING with my Baby today, we is recooperating from yesterdays festivities of service to Hope Ministry

#20,030 ·
You fount a hole to use...
That`s the same as I did with mine...
Off hand I Don`t remember what I used for a fastener though?
Key ring, MayBe,
Dennis

Looking GOOD ! ! !
Following Christ we are

#20,034 ·
Rode "naked" to Men`s Club this evening...
Straight there & back, well I did leviate a tadd,
Dennis

#20,037 ·
What does the bell mean?
Here's a fun read for you :cool:

#20,038 ·
I fixed it! Turns out the shifter pivot bolt was binding. Took it apart cleaned and lubed. Much smoother. I lubed the heim joints while I was there. View attachment 304877
Silky butter smooth! I wish I would have done this when I first got the bike! It's as if I can shift with my pinky toe 😜

#20,039 ·
Ain`t done nothing to, for or with my Baby YET...
BUT I WILL be RIDING this evening for my regular Tuesday night meeting and Sunset cruise, here Shortly...
10 miles to town Might just be 40 miles before I get home :D

#20,040 · (Edited)
At 7:00 the Tripometer read 44 when I left with 76 on the thermometer...
As I pulled up to the road at the end of the driveway, I seen the sky brilliant Orange to the west, I turned Left, then I rode south towards Plains, GA, soas to enjoy that sunset across fields that are long & Horizon friendly ;)...
T`was another one of them 360 deals with east & south showing purple & orange, overhead was Blue sky with grey cloud formations turning orange too, and North was the same orange/purple scene...
I rode a FULL 50 minutes enjoying tonight`s Sunset Cruise...
After our meeting that Moon is shining through broken clouds all the way home, I hadta ride a little extra to enjoy it longer...
The tripometer now reads 91,
Dennis