Honda Shadow Forums banner

What did you do to your bike today?

2M views 22K replies 1K participants last post by  bweighmaster 
#1 · (Edited)
I picked up my painted parts and started assemballin the bike :)

#21,924 ·
Got my passenger pegs mounted today. When the Two Brothers Racing 2in1 pipes were installed, the original bracket that held the right side passenger peg and mount had to come off. To remove the foot peg from the bracket I bought a long t40 torx bit. Had to put a lot of heat on to it to melt the locktite but finally got the bolt out. H-D conveniently has a threaded hole a couple of inches up to bolt the peg and mount directly to the frame. Once I got that side bolted up nice and tight I removed the left side peg from it's mount. Held my breath while I put heat to it and finally unbolted that mount. Relocating the whole shebang to the upper hole. Tightened everyone up. I had a number of plastic fender plugs laying around so I filled the lower bolt holes with a bit of grease then closed them off nicely with the fender plugs.
I'm sure that whole paragraph made zero sense to anyone reading it, but to sum it up.... it was a PIA, but it's done and looks good.
I celebrated by running in to town, filling the tank up, then put a hundred miles on the bike. Came home, wiped everything down nice and pretty then went in search of a cold beer. I had success with that too. Thinkin' about seeing if the whiskey in my Tullamore bottle is still any good.

#21,926 ·
Rode Red to a neighbors, then tried AGAIN to clear up the windshield of the "Fog" it has...

T`was a Good ride,
Dennis

#21,929 ·