Honda Shadow Forums banner

What did you do to your bike today?

2M views 22K replies 1K participants last post by  bweighmaster 
#1 · (Edited)
I picked up my painted parts and started assemballin the bike :)

#8,024 ·
26 miles to work. Last 1/4 mile I had a 300 lb hog come out of the woods in front of me, stayed just off the road, but man, he looked to be as big as a walking 55 gallon drum!
That woulda left a mark! Sure glad the new driving light bulbs were in!

#8,025 ·
Yessir, we gotta be aware of them critters, Big & Small...

The Big ones cause MUCH Damage...

Wrenching & Riding in 2016
Active at the GA apitol with ABATE
Dennis

#8,029 ·
I have a fairing and added close outs to the hwy bars, so no need for heated do-dads. The bike keeps me nice and comfortable.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I didn't think I would ever want them, but after my extended ride on Canyons ST 1300 in April with light weight gloves, I knew I wanted them after that. But, I didn't add these, they were on there from PO, sure glad they are, I will always have them now!

#8,030 ·
I didn't think I would ever want them, but after my extended ride on Canyons ST 1300 in April with light weight gloves, I knew I wanted them after that. But, I didn't add these, they were on there from PO, sure glad they are, I will always have them now!

Nice that they were already on there!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#8,033 ·
Rode 80 miles today, and it never got above 34*F or so. It was a good day to test the limits of my equipment. I have to say the Fly Ignitor Gloves did their job. The only thing is that since they heat the back of the hands, the bottoms of my fingers got slightly cold. I am thinking about heated grips. The only other area that was cold was my inner arms, and that is because my leather jacket has vents there that have a zip in lining, but cold air leaks in. I have a heavy leather jacket on the way. All in all I am good down to the mid 30's. When I got home I changed the oil and filter on the bike.

#8,034 ·
I have to say the Fly Ignitor Gloves did their job. The only thing is that since they heat the back of the hands, the bottoms of my fingers got slightly cold.
I noticed this for the first time today with the Ignitor gloves. The bottoms of the tips of both my index fingers were a little cold when I got home. Other than that my hands were warm. Might have to consider adding heated grips myself sometime in the future.

#8,035 ·
#8,036 ·
Those look better than mine. Mine I haven't a clue what brand, but they work nicely. They are not fancy at all, just low, off , high toggle switch to control them. High gets hot! Backs of my hands have never really been bothered by cold, but mu fingers get miserable, the grips will help that significantly!
Canyon has some with a knob, a variable speed controller basically. BUT Basic works FOR me, but I will upgrade to a little nicer control on the next bike....

#8,037 ·
Those look better than mine. Mine I haven't a clue what brand, but they work nicely. They are not fancy at all, just low, off , high toggle switch to control them. High gets hot! Backs of my hands have never really been bothered by cold, but mu fingers get miserable, the grips will help that significantly!
Canyon has some with a knob, a variable speed controller basically. BUT Basic works FOR me, but I will upgrade to a little nicer control on the next bike....
Coop, I don't think fancy is necessary as long as they work. Yours sound like they do the job. I am envious...warm hands seem to be essential in this weather.

#8,038 ·
Yes warm is nice!
Fancy enough to KNOW what they are set on is what I would want, where my switch is I have to toggle it to all positions to verify its position.

#8,039 ·
Being as I wrenched yesterday, putting on new rubber, All I did to my Bike today is put the tools back in their holder,and replaced the side cover...
I put the rain suit back into the left saddlebag and nothing else...

Wrenching & Riding in 2016
Active at the GA capitol with ABATE
Dennis

#8,040 ·
Installed new Goldwing interstate trunk and removed the Willie and max soft saddlebags. Test fit and cogitated a bit on the GW hard saddlebags. A little too tall for a good fit. If I went with the aero 2 into 1 exhaust they'd probably fit, but that presents other complications like having to remove the exhaust to remove rear wheel. I think the hard bags may get a few inches shorter instead. Time to take some measurements.