Honda Shadow Forums banner

What did you do to your bike today?

2M views 22K replies 1K participants last post by  bweighmaster 
#1 · (Edited)
I picked up my painted parts and started assemballin the bike :)

#10,041 ·
I rode 105 miles today. Started at 85° and was 97 when I got back but most of the trip on the top of the valley was maybe low 80's up there. Beautiful ride and the least pain I've had on a ride in a long time, even 30 mile rides! God is great, kept me comfortable all the way!
Very happy for you! Gotta get fixed up so that when we finally get there, we can ride together!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

#10,042 ·
I'm proud of you Bethany, that was a pro move. Doesn't matter what else is going on, get to a safe place. Nice!!!
Thanks! I could feel "something" crawling on my back about 10 miles from home. Was hoping it would just crawl on out at some point. First sting happened 5 miles from home, but I honestly thought that it might have been a nerve twinge. Second sting happened further down my arm about 3 miles from home and I knew I needed to get rid of my jacket, but this highway has no shoulder and only dirt roads on either side, so I decided to hold out until we got to our road and I could safely stop. Riding the last mile jacketless on gravel probably wasn't the safest idea, but it was 25 mph tops.

#10,043 ·
Very happy for you! Gotta get fixed up so that when we finally get there, we can ride together!

Yes, I think I need to keep going more and further to keep everything strong that needs to be for riding so that when I finally do get the knee replacement I won't loose too much and will be able to get back going. And yes that will be great to get out on some rides when you get here, it's hard to find people to ride with around hear, have to go more than 50 miles just to get to a starting point. I'm trying to get some groups to come up and start here, had one so far.

#10,044 ·
Got a yellowjacket inside my riding jacket today and got stung twice before I could get a safe place to pull off and get rid of my jacket. We were on our road, so I just rode the rest of the way home sans jacket. Not gonna lie, it sure felt great to ride for a bit with the wind on my bare arms! Took a Benadryl once we got home in the hopes that I don't have an allergic reaction. Diphenhydramine induced coma in 3, 2, 1....

Aside from that episode, we put on 100 miles and it was one of the nicest rides we've done yet. :D

Wow, that must have been a bit scary, I hate bees and that would have been hard for me, good for you to stay calm and ride!

#10,046 ·
Any time frame when you guys are coming out yet?
2018 at the earliest to check things out. I was hoping to get there before then, but we are saving our money for a big Yellowstone trip in 2017 that is very important to us, as we are traveling with our 75-year-old favorite uncle. :)

#10,047 ·
Yea-uh!
Them Bees, Wasps and Yellow Jackets don`t play!
Glad you were close to home and the Benadryl!!!

Lets Ride,
D

Was posting on Lil Sturgis meet up thread>
Now, that`s the way tire changing` is supposed to go! Less than an hour since my last post here...
Front tire on Pads checked, wheel cleaned and back in the AC before an hour passes!

Lets Ride & Meet,
D

#10,049 ·
Got a yellowjacket inside my riding jacket today and got stung twice before I could get a safe place to pull off and get rid of my jacket. We were on our road, so I just rode the rest of the way home sans jacket. Not gonna lie, it sure felt great to ride for a bit with the wind on my bare arms! Took a Benadryl once we got home in the hopes that I don't have an allergic reaction. Diphenhydramine induced coma in 3, 2, 1....

Aside from that episode, we put on 100 miles and it was one of the nicest rides we've done yet. :D

Last weekend my buddy and I stopped for ice cream after about 200 plus, he walked up to me holding his jack knife and asked"are you a good doctor?".
I said "sure what's up?" He said "pull that stinger out of my neck"

A bee had gotten between his chin strap and neck and got him good.
Stinger came right out.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#10,050 ·
Ann & I saw a good Bee today...
We Took the van to Albany to get Golf Cart batteries for her "Yard Truck", along the way we heard a SPLAT!
Watched the whole thing too ;)
She commented when she saw the SPLATEE under the windshield wiper, I told her, "He won`t have the guts to do that again" :D

Lets Ride,
D
Sometimes we get stung

#10,051 ·
Ann & I saw a good Bee today...
We Took the van to Albany to get Golf Cart batteries for her "Yard Truck", along the way we heard a SPLAT!
Watched the whole thing too ;)
She commented when she saw the SPLATEE under the windshield wiper, I told her, "He won`t have the guts to do that again" :D

Lets Ride,
D
Sometimes we get stung
Captain D I just have one question for you,
Did you happen to get a picture of the look your wife gave you when you said that?:surprise:

#10,053 ·
I almost never ride without my armored jacket. When I did I always wore long sleeves. But, the 1st time I decided I would ride with short sleeves only I got stung in the armpit! Yep, that sucked!
Well, all I did bike related today was replace the velcro on my gps and mount.
Velcro you ask?
Yes, I made a mount and use velcro to keep it in place. In thousands of miles it hasn't fell off yet. It is a flat peice if plate that was strategically bent and cut to make a "L" bracket, cutouts for speaker and power cord. It was painted and added velcro. Works great, Garmin LM 50, when it rains I can cover with a ziploc or simply slide the edge of a credit card back there, remove it and store it. I normally remove it when going in stores that I can't see the bike.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

#10,054 ·
I almost never ride without my armored jacket. When I did I always wore long sleeves. But, the 1st time I decided I would ride with short sleeves only I got stung in the armpit! Yep, that sucked!
Well, all I did bike related today was replace the velcro on my gps and mount.
Velcro you ask?
Yes, I made a mount and use velcro to keep it in place. In thousands of miles it hasn't fell off yet. It is a flat peice if plate that was strategically bent and cut to make a "L" bracket, cutouts for speaker and power cord. It was painted and added velcro. Works great, Garmin LM 50, when it rains I can cover with a ziploc or simply slide the edge of a credit card back there, remove it and store it. I normally remove it when going in stores that I can't see the bike.

The whole point behind my buying an armored mesh jacket was so I could wear a tank top or short sleeves while riding. I won't be going long sleeves anytime soon under that jacket, but the next time I feel something crawling around, I'll definitely stop sooner!

#10,055 ·
My Vic seemed a little off yesterday as I scooted on down the interstate, so serviced both bikes this morning.. I checked this, tightened that, lubed the other, checked tires, chain tension, belt alignment, shock pressure, tire pressure, got too hot for much more of that kinda crap, so went swimming with the fam.

#10,056 ·
Finally got out on the new rear tire this evening. Figured it needed scuffed in to remove any rubber preservative they had sprayed the tire with. All is good.

Was going to do this this morning but... the wife and I drank a little wine, and then a little more wine, and maybe a little more last evening.:smile2: Whew, I'm too old for that crap anymore.:frown2: Ended up heading over to a nature preserve this afternoon so the wife could take some more pictures. I'm such a good husband...>:)

#10,057 ·
Changed out my turn signal bulbs to LEDs, they only had one 1157, so I left one incandescent bulb in until I can get another one.
Interesting I got the four way flash after changing one front and one back bulb ( same side).
And with three LEDs still had the four way flash.
But not a problem because of this forum I had all the necessary information to fix it.
You guys are the best!
I took the headlight out got to the correct wires soldered in a couple of diodes, put it back together and it all works good.
I had to go for a ride just to make sure. I figured 40 miles to get ice cream would do it?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#10,059 ·
The whole point behind my buying an armored mesh jacket was so I could wear a tank top or short sleeves while riding. I won't be going long sleeves anytime soon under that jacket, but the next time I feel something crawling around, I'll definitely stop sooner!

Yes, I agree the armor helps wear less under it and be protected. With temps 100*+ our humidity, a few times a summer I will not wear jacket. That's when I got stung, bee flew up the sleeve and got me in the pit:(