Honda Shadow Forums banner

What did you do to your bike today?

2M views 22K replies 1K participants last post by  bweighmaster 
#1 · (Edited)
I picked up my painted parts and started assemballin the bike :)

#10,063 ·
Changed the oil and filter, Wix filter and Rotella-T 15-40 oil. I had gotten the Wix filter before I reread the Oilology thread again. I will be getting the Mobile 1 filter next time.

Changed the bulb in my tail light to a LED 1157 bulb. Only two more bulbs to change, Tag bulb and headlight, till the bike is all LED.

#10,065 ·
Changed the oil and filter, Wix filter and Rotella-T 15-40 oil. I had gotten the Wix filter before I reread the Oilology thread again. I will be getting the Mobile 1 filter next time.

Changed the bulb in my tail light to a LED 1157 bulb. Only two more bulbs to change, Tag bulb and headlight, till the bike is all LED.
From all the searching I have done. Wix is rated as one of the top rated filters. I saw a post on here that purolators were now not recommended? I am still re looking though the oil thread again. For some reason. Any search I do for any subject always comes up with nothing.
I did a lot of research a few years ago on filters for my magna. I am pretty sure i saw it rated good by users on here as well. I made a comment on them at that time.

With that behind me. I finally got around to hard wiring my GPS in, With power hooded to it as compared to on the battery. I can see it pretty good in the day light. Now to find some where to test it tomorrow. :grin2:

#10,066 ·
Changed his oil when I got home from work. Sending the Vic oil to Blackstone for testing...changed to my free AMSoil Vic & Indian oil and filter. Gonna do 5K then send it off for testing too.

Rolled over 20K yesterday [emoji41].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10,067 · (Edited)
Well its Yesterday now but I took a bunch for an amble through back country roads to a pub for lunch then different back country roads on the way home, 150 miles for lunch so not a long run but its pretty cool here ATM so a good size for the temp :D

First reasonable run since putting smaller main jets, lifting the needle (still a little larger than stock) and larger idle jets in. I am liking how its going, not misses, no pops or backfires at all.... But uses a little more gas though.

#10,069 ·
HMMM?
Thought I posted this yesterday >

Got 145+ miles on the new rear rubber now...
Rode to carry gas to our party barge for the generator for our Lil Sturgis exploit starting Wednesday...
Then rode to Biker sunday @ Campers Haven Fishcamp...
Rains came, we left between the storms...
Darkside has its pluses & minuses on my new to me feel of it...

Got a mind to start a thread on it...

Lets Ride & Meet,
D

T - Minus 2 Days

#10,070 ·
HMMM?
Thought I posted this yesterday >

Got 145+ miles on the new rear rubber now...
Rode to carry gas to our party barge for the generator for our Lil Sturgis exploit starting Wednesday...
Then rode to Biker sunday @ Campers Haven Fishcamp...
Rains came, we left between the storms...
Darkside has its pluses & minuses on my new to me feel of it...

Got a mind to start a thread on it...

Lets Ride & Meet,
D

T - Minus 2 Days
I think you need to start a thread on it. I have heard of this being done but never on the plus and minus sides of it. What tire did you choose and the size. I would be interested in seeing what it looks like. I remember what you said about pictures and you. I would look it up on line :grin2:

#10,071 ·
I got a comparison thread started on that ;)

Yesterday I packed the left side saddlebag with "rain gear" and today packed the right saddlebag, with "essentials"...
Now I`m Working on getting my versatile "******* Trunk" mounted, so I have a "backrest"...
That "Seabag" Backrest has its advantages on LONG Trips...
9 hours in the saddle classifies as LONG, in my book;)
"Trunk" is Something new, I Ain`t gotta use the "Seabag" as I`m not carrying tent or sleeping bag, merely a couple change of clothes...

HSN Unite!
Lets Ride & Meet,
D
T - Minus 42H10M

#10,072 ·
Started it yesterday to keep the fluids circulated. I told my wife that I'm just itching to ride since my surgery, she told me that I better get some cream for that because I'm not aloud to ride for another week. I love her sense of humor ?

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

#10,073 ·
Sigh...I'm sitting in urgent care waiting to get that yellowjacket bite looked it. As I was afraid of, it has turned into cellulitis. My body hates me. Gonna see if there is anything I can do to prevent this from happening in the future BEFORE I have to take time off of work for urgent care!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

#10,074 ·
Sigh...I'm sitting in urgent care waiting to get that yellowjacket bite looked it. As I was afraid of, it has turned into cellulitis. My body hates me. Gonna see if there is anything I can do to prevent this from happening in the future BEFORE I have to take time off of work for urgent care!

Dammit! That sucks!

#10,075 ·

I would suggest two things. Upon being bitten or stung, apply moist tobacco (break-up a cigarette, and add spit) to the sting site. If you have waited too long, and you start to have a reaction, then I'd suggest a little Benadryl. Obviously you are past the point that either of those two suggestion will help, but maybe next time or for the next person.

#10,076 ·
I would suggest two things. Upon being bitten or stung, apply moist tobacco (break-up a cigarette, and add spit) to the sting site. If you have waited too long, and you start to have a reaction, then I'd suggest a little Benadryl. Obviously you are past the point that either of those two suggestion will help, but maybe next time or for the next person.

She should have let somebody pee on it. Oh wait...that's for jellyfish...never mind.

#10,078 ·
Wow, that looks bad Bethany. Are you allergic to bee stings as well? I can't ever remember being stung by a wasp or yellow jacket even though I see them every now and then. I hope the meds work quick for you.

I did get to go test out my GPS today. I took a nice 4 hour ride. I took off and found some roads I never knew were around here. Now I am not worried about having to remember how to get back to a road I recognize, I just hit home and follow the arrow.. :smile2: I was headed back to the freeway when I came across a guy parked on the side of the road. He was just standing there next to his bike staring at the traffic. I pulled over to see if he was ok and found out he had ran out of gas. He cut the top off a coke can and I pulled my fuel line and gave him 2 cans full. Then followed him to the next town to make sure he made it. Turned out he needed 3 more cans to get to the closest station. He was on a nice 650 nighthawk. I decided to re fill up while I was there even though I had only went 43 miles. He slid his card in the pump and said to fill my bike. I felt guilty because I didn't expect any thing for helping. I just did it to help out a fellow rider. It made me feel better when my bike only took 1.1 gallons to fill back up. I took back off towards the un known after that. I did have a very nice ride. I decided to take my half helmet since the full faced I got is super noisy. I was surprised how quiet the half was, even with out ear plugs. Also no blind spots. It felt good to feel the wind again. I have been wearing full faced only for years because of my contacts. Now that I know the half face works nice, I will get some clear glasses in case I have to drive at night though.

#10,080 ·

Ouch, I will be praying for you. I tend to puff up a little when I get bit too but not that bad.